Chicago Meetup

Leeacto

The neighborhood you're gonna be in tonight, you might just see more of them.

Not enough time spent on DePaul campus? But prob true about Spring Break.

Busy tonight, but any plans yet tomorrow? Looking too cold to have a relaxing Critical Mass

Tomorrow night is drinks and hanging out; no solid plans so far, but jake431 had a suggestion for a bar.

The neighborhood you're gonna be in tonight, you might just see more of them.

A lot of no-pants-wearing-cwgs in this breezy weather. Stayin' corny all year round.

Where you gonna be partying at in the CHI?

If it was me and you want a good mix either Logan Sq., Wicker Park, or Old Town, Lincoln Park and Wrigleyville is too college frat boy which I don't think is your style but I could be dead wrong Sid.

Not to derail this existential hot dog discussion, but it took me a few days to see my first jailbait corny white girl in the city — they must have all gone home for spring break.

If you want that then you will find some in Wicker but WAY more in Lincoln Park, Wrigleyville.....dumb drunk college girls, thats if they aren't on spring break as stated before. So shoot for Wicker Park!!!

Yes, I feel bad for not making it out either. But believe me when I say "it's me, not you." I'm pretty anti-social. However, it's not to say I wouldn't try to make it out in the next few days.

The problem is, any place that's worth going is going to be crowded and crazy, thus making it hard to have a meet up anywhere. I did get to try Big Star a couple weeks ago on a Friday night. After 11pm it thinned out enough to get some seats and chill at the bar. I don't like going to the newest, trendiest spots, but I have to admit, their drinks were fucking great. Decent whiskey and tequila selection.

Revolution Brewing just opened, but I've heard mixed results. Or maybe a meet up and tour of Half Acre Brewery on Saturday afternoon. Bad Apple is pretty good too, but since you just had Kuma's, no need to do burgers again.

I feel you on that twistedtrees. Thanks for your suggestions; you're more than welcomed to join us. We're not trying to wile out so something chill and relaxed would be great.

I enjoy big star quite a bit - decent food, good drinks, nice mix of people. But getting a table will be tough. Whistler, as I said on Wednesday night - real cool place, but want to get there early enough to avoid a line. Cole's is my current favorite dive bar, but also fills in.

Club Foot on Augusta is a real hidden gem; that might be the call...

(We should karaoke, too. (0))

As someone that takes his karaoke VERY seriously, I want to take you up on that...Not too many decent karaoke spots in Chicago (mostly Korean, with the nicer ones out in the suburbs by H-Mart) but the place I go to is just north of Lakeview...Lincoln Park karaoke, a Korean place that recently fills up with annoying crowds (think drunken yuppies, birthday parties etc.) that usually clear up around 12...If you're down for private rooms though this place is alright...

Anything's going on? If you haven't hit anything from Logan Sq. down to UK Village (my hood), I'd suggest

The Burlington in LS

Dannys in Bucktown (Check out Belly Shack for Puerto Rican/Korean foods)

Big Star/Flat Iron/Rodan in WP

Rainbo Club/Happy Village/Bar Deville in UK

Txt me what's up 608-843-3378

I would be down for Belly Shack and then Bucktown. Map Room is in the vicinity, but that's gonna get packed.

If Whistler is where people want to go, get there early!

Eric and Sidney - great to meet you guys.

Thanks for all the hospitality and congratulations to you and the lady. :)

^Same...it all went by fast and I wasn't there 99% of the time but good meeting you and your group Sidney...

Thanks for coming out; the dogs were delicious.

Thanks Sid. You should visit more often; she's since assigned me to help find her some new jeans...

i'm moving away in a week. if anybody wants to hit up piece for some day drinking or handlebar or something get at me...

Was that you in Crossroads today with nicely faded s2a jeans and the workers were like good luck on your move! when you left? I was wearin a green jacket

Ah! I feel bad we never got to meet up, I saw you at the Cro Pro maybe twice but never caught you before you left, total bummer. Best in LA.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...