Tell me something Good

goat

Just received a phone call this morning, and I'm finally able to settle all insurance claims related to my getting-hit-by-a-car accident from last December. I knew this would be a slow, tedious process that would try my patience all year. Being able to finally put this behind me is a great feeling. Go broncos.

• 2 weeks later...

things have been up and down since i've moved to france (just trying to get used to living abroad), but i'm finally really pleased with everything. i've been kinda worried about how much i've been spending on everyday things, but also because i just booked a weekend trip to paris with friends and i have to book another trip for the end of October. i woke up this morning and received an email from my school's finance department saying they've disbursed a scholarship award into my bank account. i had no idea the scholarship existed.

just back from a very good week-end that I hadn't since ages with someone else + just got a part-time job in a good boutique.

Also got some food in the mail from home, feels good.

what boutique?

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so:

this semester i've started school for the first time in years. i felt really motivated and personally ready for the responsibility of furthering my education. i've been doing this and that for a while, working here working there- figuring everything out etc. 

class is going fucking great. working 30 hours a week and doing this online algebra course when suddenly-

i go out one night to a work party for a place i used to work at / sister currently works at. lots of food and shit loads of sake bombs, it got out of hand really quickly. the next day was the last cut off day to take an exam for my class, and i had every intention of calling it a night early when i went out. 

so, get more drunk that i ever have in legitimately years, wake up the next day at 10am in a strange house with a massive scrape on my head and one on my shin (do not know what happened and no one else seems to), catch a ride home with my sister, immediately fall asleep again, wake up at 4pm to my work calling me over and over (8 missed calls) and i realize at this point that 

A. I have not taken my test and 

B. I have no called no showed at my job.

Sounds awful right? nah it's all good, because-

Next day, pull a larry david and just show up at the job like nothing happened - no one even cared, emailed my professor and he said I am permitted to go in and take the exam whenever I want.

I can't tell you how embarrassed i was that day/devastated that i (thought i) had ruined my life.

Also my fafsa just got processed and I'm eligible for the maximum  amount for the pell grant. lol

(inserting edit here to say that my job is not really a fuck around type deal - the hiring is quite selective and i'm genuinely lucky to have been granted mercy here. it's the best paying gig i've had ever - just a context providing anecdote to insert. would have been a tragedy to lose lol i don't even know what my life is anymore)

Edited by insted

Getting a better handle on how to manage depression. The sufu community was kind to me considering my past actions and reached out to me when I caused a great many problems. Reading books, exercising, and eating. Had the opportunity to work full-time while a fellow employee was on vaction. Opportunity to apply for full-time employment at a store where music wouldn't be a satellite radio station of 60's tunes. Nearly have enough for a car so I could drive to bus to the job. With that full-time job, I could finally move out. Could see working in retail for awhile until I find something I know I want to pursue.

after about a year and a half of releasing my music to the world, I'm about to hop on a flight to London to go perform at a sold out show alongside my brother DÃœM. an experience like this has been my biggest aspiration for several years and to have made it this far is completely surreal and tremendously exciting. 

a wise man on these forums once said:

LIVE THE L.I.F.E.

LIVE THE D.R.E.A.M.

I can now with full confidence say, I am doing just that. 

aw man! if i knew about this i would have totally gone to london for the weekend to see you guys perform!

i'd been getting over a pretty rough break up for the past few months and i was getting real tired of feeling like shit about it. i went to paris for a mini getaway with some great friends, met really awesome people, partied super hard, went to the pitchfork music festival and had a fucking blast. there's too much fun in life to be had instead of trippin' over chumps.

after about a year and a half of releasing my music to the world, I'm about to hop on a flight to London to go perform at a sold out show alongside my brother DÃœM. an experience like this has been my biggest aspiration for several years and to have made it this far is completely surreal and tremendously exciting. 

a wise man on these forums once said:

LIVE THE L.I.F.E.

LIVE THE D.R.E.A.M.

I can now with full confidence say, I am doing just that. 

LOVE YA BOTH

ok, so:

this semester i've started school for the first time in years. i felt really motivated and personally ready for the responsibility of furthering my education. i've been doing this and that for a while, working here working there- figuring everything out etc. 

class is going fucking great. working 30 hours a week and doing this online algebra course when suddenly-

i go out one night to a work party for a place i used to work at / sister currently works at. lots of food and shit loads of sake bombs, it got out of hand really quickly. the next day was the last cut off day to take an exam for my class, and i had every intention of calling it a night early when i went out. 

so, get more drunk that i ever have in legitimately years, wake up the next day at 10am in a strange house with a massive scrape on my head and one on my shin (do not know what happened and no one else seems to), catch a ride home with my sister, immediately fall asleep again, wake up at 4pm to my work calling me over and over (8 missed calls) and i realize at this point that 

A. I have not taken my test and 

B. I have no called no showed at my job.

Sounds awful right? nah it's all good, because-

Next day, pull a larry david and just show up at the job like nothing happened - no one even cared, emailed my professor and he said I am permitted to go in and take the exam whenever I want.

I can't tell you how embarrassed i was that day/devastated that i (thought i) had ruined my life.

Also my fafsa just got processed and I'm eligible for the maximum  amount for the pell grant. lol

(inserting edit here to say that my job is not really a fuck around type deal - the hiring is quite selective and i'm genuinely lucky to have been granted mercy here. it's the best paying gig i've had ever - just a context providing anecdote to insert. would have been a tragedy to lose lol i don't even know what my life is anymore)

grow the fuck up and learn to take care of yourself rather than getting lucky.