Tell me something Good

goat

will have sorted all my accommodations out by tomorrow and am looking forward to spending my summer in London doing production (intern) work for Aitor Throup.

Edited by Nebulae

My film class professor at UW Bothell recommended that I apply to the Film Studies program at Seattle University where he is also a professor. He also offered to write me a letter of recommendation to assist in acquiring scholarships.

• 2 weeks later...

My film class professor at UW Bothell recommended that I apply to the Film Studies program at Seattle University where he is also a professor. He also offered to write me a letter of recommendation to assist in acquiring scholarships.

Just save us all the nightmare and don't get into scriptwriting

• 4 weeks later...

Signing a new lease, out of a bad relationship, and having what is so far, the best summer/ time of my life. It's great to gain perspective and re-evaluate who and what matters. God bless friends.

Also about to cop my last grail left, woo.

Edited by sawn-off chef

starting to believe that shit in life just pendulums back and forth, I keep getting hit with good news/things and starting to feel like I'm either cashing in karma or finally reaping all the hard work I've been putting in. Got some really good reviews from the higher ups at work, and looks like possibly another promotion...and the $ is finally making all the initial work way worth the investment. Doing stuff at work I've never done before and it's actually working out really well. Feeling fortunate. Was just able to drop a donation to a cause I'm stoked on, been a minute since I was able to contribute anything to a charity. 

Girlfriend is moving in right now, taking that next step, and she's been really easy and contributing equally. Feels balanced, like we're both invested and interested in seeing what's next. Traveling together a lot and seeing some really cool places. 

Last minute work trip to NYC coming up, gonna add on a couple days and explore the city a bit, then running directly back to Vegas and then So Cal. Connected dope spots to stay in all cities. 

If anything I'm not buying anything and just dumping $ into travel and seeing stuff / dining. Been on this big "collect experiences not things" kick lately. Feels more satisfying right now. Either way, things are good and seem to be getting better. Can't really complain at all.

• 2 weeks later...

uploaded a painting I did to the Saatchi Screen (an installation at the Saatchi gallery that cycles through pre-approved works people can upload) on a whim and it got accepted :D

I bet they accept shitloads of pieces but it still felt  pretty coo

Edited by junglejane

• 4 weeks later...

my landlord is a cool guy.

our lease ends this month, and he's letting us go month-to-month for the same price for as long as we want, we just have to give 60-day notice to vacate

and then, the garbage disposal stopped worked in the last week or so. texted him about it today, and dude just came over and fixed it in less than 20 minutes.

never really see or hear from him otherwise, but we have a good landlord / tenant relationship going. really like the place too, so that helps.

tbh, this is probably the first time in over 10 years that i will be living in the same place for longer than a single year. feels good man.

Edited by jayrock

got a job

sold/donated most of my clothes

seeing this girl who im actually interested in

making music is fun again

but most importantly i found a bomb burrito place right by my house

I like this. Lots of the simple things in life!

You know how some people take forever to decide something? This annoying L was coming back multiple times but never closed the sale. Finally came in today but I was already helping someone else (200k) so she had to wait. She ended up leaving but came back and finally closed the damn sale

Yeah, that felt good.

• 2 weeks later...