Tell me something Good

goat

Got placed into a 'high profile' role at work by management where I'll be coordinating a bunch of important numbers, dealing with senior and executive management, flying business class overseas for meetings, and delivering one-day training courses to staff. The supervisor is highly respected within the company and I hope to pick up lots from the guy. Pretty excited but anxious at the same time. Just coming into my forth year in the workforce and expectations only get higher. Never really liked presenting or public speaking either, and always have had lingering doubts about my competence. The next two years ought to be interesting to say the least :)

On another note, going to KL on Thursday for the weekend with riding buddies, Sydney next month to see some old mates, and Shanghai in a few more months to visit family. Did Japan for the first time this year, too.

Life's good.

Just planned out my vacation days for the rest of the year, all Fridays off for Nov and Dec... feels good man

I also have 4 sick days left and my boss told me use them whenever I'm hungover or whatev (lol personal health days), but since 2 can carry over into the following year I may not use them all

Edited by jayrock

Toronto-20120916-00351.jpg

found (looked for) some old nom de guerre converse sneakers. used to be my favourite sneakers. beat them to shit, sole is worn through in the middle of the bottom and the heel, rubber outsole is cracked, and they look great. once walked across town with em, pulled endless all nighters with em etc

gonna go and try and get the sole repaired (any suggestions in toronto would be appreciated) and keep wearin em

Edited by ojsimpson

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

had one of the best nights ever on Thurs. Drove into SF with the girlfriend for John Beaver's last show before going into surgery for cancer, dude is a super good guy, and the support and turnout was massive. Picked up a friend along the way and grabbed drinks and dinner in the Marina

img6113fh.jpg

swooped parking in a safe garage w security for $2 for the whole night...and if you live in SF you know this is a pretty fucking amazing feat.

Caught a quick cab to Ruby Skye and the place went ballistic. Full on partycat mode, shit was rad. I stole a couple of these pics, but they caught the vibe of the show perfectly.

img6277a.jpg

img6276q.jpg

img6272s.jpg

img6255ot.jpg

just one of those rare nights when everything goes perfect, + they raised like $30,000 that night for him...which was amazing.

Just got my security deposit back from my old apartment

They must have goofed because its +$800 more than we actually put down

I FUCKING TAKE IT

gotta deposit ASAP gogogogo

maybe, maybe they are real honest. in bc if they take longer than 15 days to return it you can apply to get double back

I'm so lucky right now. Even though I have a shit GPA, I was able to find a paid internship for this winter. The internship is relevant to my major and I actually love what I'll be doing. The best part is that I can do most of the work at home. I'm definitely going to start working harder now as this was a ridiculous blessing for me.

had one of the best nights ever on Thurs. Drove into SF with the girlfriend for John Beaver's last show before going into surgery for cancer, dude is a super good guy, and the support and turnout was massive. Picked up a friend along the way and grabbed drinks and dinner in the Marina

img6113fh.jpg

whats the place called?

meat looks succulent... also, yea 2$ for parking is a blessing

Started new second job yesterday.

Cons:

• Pays less than average for an analyst position

Pros:

• 44 PTO days (22 vacation days, 10 sick days, 12 holidays)
  • Office has no dress code
  • Nice manager who tells me to make sure not to stay longer than my hours
  • Flexible arrival time
  • 20 minute drive to work
  • Parking lot

Been on one of those self-improvement/eating better/living better tips in the last month or so. Started running every other day, eating right, etc. Went from 178 pounds to 166. Confidence has increased dramatically and it shows. I got hit on by at least 4 different girls at a party the other night and I've been receiving a ton of compliments from both males and females alike. Feels fuckin' awesome. In all honesty, I can't even tell if I look any different, but I just feel so much better.

My housemate on the other hand tried to get into the new lifestyle too but he doesn't have the resolve. He went "manorexic" for a week, but I doubt that did him any good. I've never seen him stick to anything in the 2 years that I've known him. I just got back from my run today and he's on the couch with an extra large Burger King soda watching star trek. I try to get him to cut that shit out and he tells me to leave him alone. Really wish I could get him to see how much better my life has been though.

Been on one of those self-improvement/eating better/living better tips in the last month or so. Started running every other day, eating right, etc. Went from 178 pounds to 166. Confidence has increased dramatically and it shows. I got hit on by at least 4 different girls at a party the other night and I've been receiving a ton of compliments from both males and females alike. Feels fuckin' awesome. In all honesty, I can't even tell if I look any different, but I just feel so much better.

My housemate on the other hand tried to get into the new lifestyle too but he doesn't have the resolve. He went "manorexic" for a week, but I doubt that did him any good. I've never seen him stick to anything in the 2 years that I've known him. I just got back from my run today and he's on the couch with an extra large Burger King soda watching star trek. I try to get him to cut that shit out and he tells me to leave him alone. Really wish I could get him to see how much better my life has been though.

he needs to find that intrinsic motivation or any life changes he makes wont stick