Tell me something Good

goat

• 3 weeks later...

my Mom just offered all her furniture to me for a new place I'm moving into. Everything she has is beautiful, craftsman style, locally hand made, definitely was not cheap. She's hyped on getting something different, and she knows I've always liked it, but this is going above and beyond. It's literally EVERYTHING you'd need to furnish a home. I'm way fucking psyched.

looking forward to a grail item arriving that only happened through a lucky series of events

also having a reason to look at suits and formal wear again instead of sneakers and sweats.

things to look forward to that aren't just bad things ending but good things possibly starting.

DO9Ivl.jpg

I just got a call from Continental that my flight from Buffalo tomorrow will probably be delayed due to weather, meaning I won't make my connection.

Instead they were able to fly me from Toronto (saving me the 90 min drive each way) and i arrive 5.5 hrs earlier than originally scheduled

fucking great!

(and an A+ to Continental for being proactive. this is my first time flying with them and this is the first time i've had an airline company call me and say "we expect your flight to be delayed, here are alternate flights available for you")

About 2 months ago I was doing something stupid and had an accident where I tripped over something and(I think) broke some bones in my wrist. It broke my watch which had a stainless steel band on it, the band broke off the face but fortunately the watch still works.

Unfortunately, because I am stupid I did not go see a doctor or get any x-ray. Instead I went to CVS, bought the shittiest wrist splint they had and put it on with liberal amounts of bengay for the pain for 2 weeks. During this time I could not even bend my fingers.

Now, 2 months later my wrist is pretty much healed. I am pretty sure I also tore a ligament, which I'm guessing is still healing. I still can't do certain push ups but besides that it's healed.

Cheers for being lucky, and hopefully in the future not having any further wrist complications, haha.

^^That's awesome

Continental has screwed me over 5 times, but that was a few years back. Good to hear they've revamped their services.

As an update - my flight from Toronto ended up getting delayed due to the storm, so I was going to miss my connection

Continental booked me on 3 different paths (for 2 of them, in first class seats) to my destination and got me on the first available one just to make sure I was going to get there

Again, that was strange to me, but I was happy that there were people out there that were still willing to bust their ass to help you.

My girlfriend moved in with me for the summer. She's cute and clearly has it figured out that the key to living with someone in a small shitty apartment is to respect the other person's space and time.

I bought a bike to start riding to work. I spent a bit more than I should have but I feel better than I have since I moved, largely because I'm not crammed on a subway like a steer to the slaughter like I have been for the past year .

I made this bean salad that covers like 90% of your nutritional requirmements in one shot. It's like astronaut food, except delicious and not dehydrated.

I'm playing squash again. I plan on losing 10 pounds with this regimen of eating healthy and cycling every day and playing squash twice a week.

I'm not wearing any underwear at work.

just moved into my buddy's McMansion for a while. Got 4 bedrooms, a loft, 2 bathrooms, and a laundry room all to myself, basically the entire top floor. My room has a veranda and catches the breeze every night. He's a chef so all he wants to do is cook amazing food every day, smoke weed, and watch movies and get tattooed...and he's not charging me any rent. Basically the coolest guy imaginable. This is gonna be amazing.

just got accepted into my school's finance scholars program. apparently the most prestigious program in the business school.

200+ applicants, only 30 get in. i know dudes who have legit bank internships who applied. i never really thought i'd get it, considering i finished the application/essay in half an hour.

got the acceptance letter today. i'll take it as a sign of giving finance another chance.

to those parties that repped/posted looking for bean salad recipe:

1 can garbonzo beans

1 can romano beans

1 can black beans

1 box quinoa (i dunno how much is in these boxes. i just use a box)

1 of each red, green, yellow, orange pepper

2 jalepeno peppers

1 red onion

2 handfulls of raw green beans

olive oil

red wine vinegar

maple syrup

1.) clean and chop green beans into 1 inch lengths

2.) drain and rinse all canned beans

3.) clean and chop all peppers (sweet into chunks, dice the jalepenos)

4.) cook quinoa as per instructions (usually boil and reduce in water a la white rice)

5.) finely chop red onion

6.) mix all this shit together in a giant bowl (makes a lot of food)

7.) drizzle equal parts oil and vinegar over the mix, maple syrup to taste

i punched the recipe into a nutritional calculator a while back and it is obscenely full of various vitamins with a bunch of letters and numbers attached to them. shit is good for you, delicious, and hearty enough to eat pretty much as a meal on its own. it's vegan too, if you're into that.

I've always been a lover of red meat (pause), no a fanatic about it(pause), but just yesterday I ordered fish at a restaurant for the first time and didn't feel like less of a man. I think I'll be buying some exotic -zo beans this week.

*fixed

I quit smoking and I've really had no nicotine cravings at all. I only get the habit shit. Like after a big meal or something I want one then I remember I quit but it's not like I am fiending for one.

piece of cake.