Paris hipster bars with electronic and indie rock music

pabsss

Hello,

I am moving to Paris next week and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what are cool bars to go out to. I don't like clubs very much. I rather go hang out at a cool bar with a very nice dj or indie band and a cool young crowd. I am 22 years old.

I'm not sure how up to date all this is as I haven't gone out in Paris in a long time, but if you're looking for a nice hang out, Andy Wahloo is a pretty chill place. small and cozy bar/lounge. Le Baron is more of a club, somewhat trendy I believe. La Flèche d'or is an indie/electro club housed inside an old railway station, apparently the space is pretty cool though I havent been myself.

It's been a few years since I've been back to Paris, but the Rex is a fun place if you're into tech house, minimal techno, deep house, etc. They bring in a lot of DJs from UK and US e.g., Terry Francis, Jeff Mills, Josh Wink, etc.

Which part of Paris are you living in? There are lots of bars which fit your modus operandi: chill kids with chilled drinks chilling on the terrace after work (and late in to the night).

I was in Paris last month and made up a googlemap for friends, if you look around the blue square here

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=113052404335251361625.00046c67ab05c0fd3440c&ll=48.868102,2.362404&spn=0.052168,0.110378&z=13

you have places like La Mercerie and Au P'tit Garage in the 10th, which are more grungy, places like Les Furieux in the 11th which are more laid back and places like Ferdi in the 1st which are more upscale.

There are already lots of posts on this though, and google is your friend. You'll have fun regardless, Paris the most amazing city to live in.