[The Sartorialist] Girl, you've changed!

Halifamous

Maybe I'm out of touch. The last time I checked out Scott the Sarto regularly he had a wife and some kids who he'd refer to often in the rather grandfatherly text that accompanied his street shots. In those days he had nothing but praise for the people who he had worked for in the industry, their patronage was a source of pride for him, he'd post shots of "kids" he thought were "great", and he personally disapproved disparaging comments about the people he shot.

That was well on three years ago. I stopped following the dude around the time that he dropped text from his blog posts. Lots of people whose taste aligns better with mine have photoblogs as well, and without the plodding humility of the Schumann character I had no reason to stick around.

So when I heard he was being thrown a cocktail reception at Holt-Renfrew in Toronto I thought that might be kind of out of place, I mean, he's not an upper class party boy, he's a family man with a healthy interest in good tailoring right? right?

Well, apparently not, in the years since he dropped from my map he left his wife and kids, started banging another fashion blogger, developed a fuck all y'all attitude that seems more in line with his height and musculature, and assumed a concentrated air of privilege and cuntery.

The Holt's reception was an interesting re-introduction. A drunken Scott held forth on the timidity and general cluelessness of previous employers, drank more, boasted of his sexual prowess to national newspaper reporters, drank more, and by some accounts, revealed a hithero untold penchant for Toronto strippers.

Interview here: http://www.omgblog.com/2009/07/omg_do_you_believe_it_the_sart.php#more

Oh Scott, you were such a nice boy.

he's always been a stuck up douche - he just has no reason to hide it anymore.

this

He used to post on styleforum back in they day. He does seem full of himself though

1) I think it's unfair to call a dude out for divorcing his wife. If any one of you kids pull yourself away from the Internet long enough to have a real relationship, you'll find that a helluva lot of those things bomb. And, wandering dick or spending too much on meaningless shit like jeans is usually the cause.

2) Aside from the brand remarks, everything he said could have easily been made in jest. He obviously wasn't taking the reporter very seriously. She named her paper, it wasn't Vouge or GQ or NYT, and he just fucked around with her for a few minutes. I've dropped the line about only being good at two things like a million times. It's a stupid joke that old men make. I don't think he really thought out what he was saying. He was talking to her like she was a buddy at the bar. However, doing what he does for money, the dude should have known to act a bit (a lot) more polished, even with a local rag. I'll give you that.

Dude, that's me.

Let me guess – you ride some shitty, overpriced, underpowered 'vintage' Vespa you don't even fix yourself, amirite?

Oh new yorkians. (or whatever you are)

1) I think it's unfair to call a dude out for divorcing his wife. If any one of you kids pull yourself away from the Internet long enough to have a real relationship, you'll find that a helluva lot of those things bomb. And, wandering dick or spending too much on meaningless shit like jeans is usually the cause.

2) Aside from the brand remarks, everything he said could have easily been made in jest. He obviously wasn't taking the reporter very seriously. She named her paper, it wasn't Vouge or GQ or NYT, and he just fucked around with her for a few minutes. I've dropped the line about only being good at two things like a million times. It's a stupid joke that old men make. I don't think he really thought out what he was saying. He was talking to her like she was a buddy at the bar. However, doing what he does for money, the dude should have known to act a bit (a lot) more polished, even with a local rag. I'll give you that.

so.... what does it taste like?