Uniqlo F/W 09/10

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the VIP only uniqlo flagship store opening in Paris last wednesday ( incredible evening btw ), and got a private peak at the whole +J collection, overall a dissapointment considering the hype. :(

Everything fit rather nice, but indeed the fabrics and construction felt sub-par! Probably not if you compare it to regular uniqlo range or to H&M and Zara. But the quality isn't even close to let's say APC, and i wouldn't even dare compare to actual Jil Sander (raf Simons) but i think that should be pretty obvious to everyone !!

I did end up getting the down funnel hood jacket, pretty dope fall piece at a very sweet price but i doubt it will cut it for winter, so i still might return it. My gf got it as well in navy XS, and it actually fits her better than me LOL ;)

But the quality isn't even close to let's say APC, and i wouldn't even dare compare to actual Jil Sander (raf Simons) but i think that should be pretty obvious to everyone !!

it seems like it isn't pretty obvious to you considering you were disappointed that +j didn't have the quality of brands than cost 5 to 10 times more.

It wasn't so obvious because a lot of times, well sh!t is overpriced mate !

In this case, the price is right, but the quality is a bit sub-par, get it?

( and btw, in France APC is far from being 5 times the price of +J )

edit: quick compare - +J cashmere stretch cardigan made in china: 149,90 eur

APC cashmere wool cardigan made in EU: 170 eur

It wasn't so obvious because a lot of times, well sh!t is overpriced mate !

In this case, the price is right, but the quality is a bit sub-par, get it?

( and btw, in France APC is far from being 5 times the price of +J )

edit: quick compare - +J cashmere stretch cardigan made in china: 149,90 eur

APC cashmere wool cardigan made in EU: 170 eur

fucking smartass, compare shirt prices, outerwear, jeans and anything else other than the cashmere knits from +j and let me know how it equates.

there are exceptions but i will be correct 80% of the time on what i said. not always 5 times more expensive but between 3 and 5 for sure. i know how much apc costs, it costs pretty much the same anywhere in the world, LOL @ in france.

you made a fucking stupid comment, don't try to come out of with even more stupid arguments.

i'm eagerly awaiting for your insight when comparing a toyota to an aston martin and calling the toyota subpar.

I was at the VIP only uniqlo flagship store opening in Paris last wednesday ( incredible evening btw ), and got a private peak at the whole +J collection, overall a dissapointment considering the hype. :(

Everything fit rather nice, but indeed the fabrics and construction felt sub-par! Probably not if you compare it to regular uniqlo range or to H&M and Zara. But the quality isn't even close to let's say APC, and i wouldn't even dare compare to actual Jil Sander (raf Simons) but i think that should be pretty obvious to everyone !!

I did end up getting the down funnel hood jacket, pretty dope fall piece at a very sweet price but i doubt it will cut it for winter, so i still might return it. My gf got it as well in navy XS, and it actually fits her better than me LOL ;)

So STFU and buy APC at their 60% off sale they have every end of season

fucking smartass, compare shirt prices, outerwear, jeans and anything else other than the cashmere knits from +j and let me know how it equates.

there are exceptions but i will be correct 80% of the time on what i said. not always 5 times more expensive but between 3 and 5 for sure. i know how much apc costs, it costs pretty much the same anywhere in the world, LOL @ in france.

you made a fucking stupid comment, don't try to come out of with even more stupid arguments.

i'm eagerly awaiting for your insight when comparing a toyota to an aston martin and calling the toyota subpar.

wow talk about being a smartass?!! whats the matter with you dude ?!!

drink too much redbull today or is it you blew your months salary on oct. 1st ??

all i said is +J feels rather cheap, and i was sorroly dissapointed after hearing the hype, the ad campaign, the Jil Sander interviews etc.. i was expecting something closer to APC than to H&M, but yes i admit it, that was MY mistake. No need to get agressive mate...

And to respond to your flawed auto analogy, +J is more like a Audi frame with a Hyundai interior, looks good on the outside, feels cheap on the inside...

So STFU and buy APC at their 60% off sale they have every end of season

Indeed maybe i will !!! but no i will not STFU, I don't know if some of you work for direct for Uniqlo or worst are shameless proxies with overstock, but i will express my opinion, wether it bothers you or not, i mean WTF is this Uniqlo dictatorship ?!!!

Guest umhaha84

I bet you bitched at H&M x CDG collab.

here's the thing People buying Uniqlos know they're buying Uniqlo. no matter it's collab or what. it's Uniqlo. I'm not expecting JilSander quality, but Uniqlo quality.

so plz stop your whining

i would again like to go to bat for uniqlo and jil sander and say stfu.

you are getting slightly more than what you paid for.

i defy you to provide substantiated evidence that the quality is sub par.

using your subjective taste and preconceived notions to judge something

that is easily objectively verifiable is just foolish -- if the fabric is so sub par, explain why. double. dog. dare. you.

Umhaha: i didn't even bother to check that collab, i could care less about collabs actually.

+J got me excited as i am a longtime admirer of Jil Sander, and this is her long awaited comeback. BTW in the press kit i got, +J is presented not as a "collab" but as a new line within Uniqlo. In the interview Jil and the Uniqlo CEO go on and on about how +J is raising the bar in quality and design. And although this is partially true, i also find it to be exaggerated as well. just my observation.

Onemancult: not very hard, just look at the fabric details on the tags, a lot of ish uses less than noble fabrics: elastane, polyamide, acrylic..etc... including the cashmeres.btw could someone explain why the +J stretch cashmere sweater is double the price of the regular Uniqlo 100% cashmere sweater ??

This being said, i'm not hating on +J or Uniqlo, they do serve a purpose, and the stuff is practically sold out worldwide. It's definitely a commercial success. the result just reached below my expectations, of course it is a subjective opinion, and one that obviously doesn't fare very well in this thread ...

btw could someone explain why the +J stretch cashmere sweater is double the price of the regular Uniqlo 100% cashmere sweater ??

I don't have any +J pieces but I can say something about this. Pricing really is extremely varied based on location because in US the +J cashmere is only 20-30 dollars more than regular Uniqlo cashmere. Not a huge leap at all. really other than the beanies nothing is marked higher than 15%-25% of regular Uniqlo with a corresponding piece. So just a jump of 10-30 dollars mainly.

Onemancult: not very hard, just look at the fabric details on the tags, a lot of ish uses less than noble fabrics: elastane, polyamide, acrylic..etc... including the cashmeres.

somewhere along the line this silly idea came along that only natural fibers are good and synthetics are some sort of great satan to the fashion industry and can never ever be admitted into the pantheon of well-made clothing, when the fact is, youre much more likely to come across cheaply-produced cotton that isnt worth the money than you are to come across a modern iteration of something like polyamide which is often completely color-fast and resistant to abrasion, fraying, and tearing due to years and years of development and testing and refining.

there is nothing inherently ignoble about synthetics, especially with a company like uniqlo that has access to some incredible synthetics. everyone bitches about the fake leather in stores now, but that is probably some of the best fake leather on the market today.

i fully respect the intersection between being cost-conscious, making afforadable clothing that is designed well, and textile innovation.

i'd like to know too. how long are they restocking until? im going friday...

We got our last shipment in saturday. Once it's sold out, its out folks.

Our stock rooms and half our cellar floor are PACKED with +J items.

That being said; some select styles have already sold out

You can always give us a call with the product number and the size you need so we can check it on our inventory computers if you don't want to take the trip on over to us.

I work tomorrow morning to late afternoon, if any of you want to come bitch at me in person.

Guest on-display

bu bu but its jil sander

min2max just how high were your expectations? the most expensive piece was like $160? normally people bitch about paying a lot for shit quality. not for paying a relatively cheap price for good quality.

your putting peasant status on a pedestal.