Uniqlo F/W 09/10

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which shirts did you get? I have one of the plaid shirts, it fits well but find it kinda long.

I both the broadcloth and the oxford shirts. You are right they are kinda long, but not excessively and I think it's just a long/lean design which makes them different from the shirts all the others are selling.

I ended up returning the chesterfield coat in M and getting one in S. I haven't had anything S since I was like 14. So those of you who are buying it online, consider going a size down.

I have a +J dark gray wool blazer in medium if anyone is interested. very small proxy fee or i might just return it.

just curious what was wrong with the sizing? or just didn't fit right?

Went today and there still was a pretty big line..

I asked two of the workers and they both told me they never stocked the J+ denim shirts? Yet I see Homi selling one in his proxy thread? I was so sad..

The line today at 10:30 was much shorter than previous days. It also moved a lot faster. I've been there everyday since Oct 1, and I've never even seen the denim shirt. It looked like they thought that coats and jackets were gonna be the hot sellers so they overstocked on those. Some of their staff aren't as well informed as the others. The people to ask are a guy called Eugene and a girl whose name I can't remember but she has light brown hair and always wears leggings.

I've been there everyday since Oct 1, and I've never even seen the denim shirt.

yeah, i think they were done with those friday lunchtime or so

Thanks enray! Exactly what i was looking for. Kinda just want the crew/vneck in black...maybe. Anyone pick either up?

the cotton jersey ones? i liked the idea in principle (unfinished seams) but it's tight in the body and has loose sleeves, definitely not for everyone

Thanks enray! Exactly what i was looking for. Kinda just want the crew/vneck in black...maybe. Anyone pick either up?

I picked up a bunch in M. I like the Vs better was just thinking about returning the black crew neck unless it's your size.

So I got my flannel blazer in the post today and I have to say, for the price, it's not bad. The fit is good and true to size; I'm an EU 46 and I got a small. The quality is not bad, not great, but not bad considering the price. The sleeves need taking up an inch, but I often find this to be the case with blazers I get. Picked up a shirt too, again I went for a small which fits well; slim in the body with a decent amount of length.

I'm just waiting for the damn flannel trousers to get put up on the UK site, which incidentally has a small amount of new stock/new products today. I'll probably pick up another shirt when I get the trousers.

i really, really wonder hard if the people posting subtle gripes about the quality of +J clothing have any understanding whatsoever of fabric and garment construction. i and a couple of friends went over my flannel blazer stitch by stitch and the most offensive thing we could find was some lining puckering near hem, which happens in a huge majority of machine-finished pieces where a heavier fabric is lined with a lighter fabric.

i really, really wonder hard if the people posting subtle gripes about the quality of +J clothing have any understanding whatsoever of fabric and garment construction. i and a couple of friends went over my flannel blazer stitch by stitch and the most offensive thing we could find was some lining puckering near hem, which happens in a huge majority of machine-finished pieces where a heavier fabric is lined with a lighter fabric.

didn't you hear? internet is the new fashion school.

i love the collection but i could see an argument that the fabric on some of the pieces isn't really better than that of the normal uniqlo collection. this in particular goes for the blazers/matching pants and shirting, pieces that are easily comparable to the actual jil sander line. i personally would have been happy to pay a little bit extra for better materials in these cases but understand that the whole point was to keep the same price points - within those constraints i had no real gripes other than that the button down/trouser fitting is more fashionz than she would have ever done for a proper rtw project.

there are of course some cases in which the value proposition is much higher but i'll keep those to myself for now :)