Uniqlo F/W 09/10

i don't get why people are worked up over uniqlo not putting out amazing shit. they make basics. that are cheap and colorful, fit decent and are decent quality. UVCs even get a thread here all on their own and many will attest to how awesome they are for something that's less than $50.

they're getting jil sander on board to oversee stuff and pretty much kick the competition in the balls. i suppose its testament to how well they've done and how much expectation they've built up. it's cheapass shit for crying out loud. what the fuck do peeps expect?

cuz they've done dope shit in past seasons. jil sander really isnt my stee but i'll still look out for it. everything else sucks so far

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest on-display
will relay what's good on those sometime soon since I'm raping uniqlo for school clothes within the next week or so.

cosign

I'm so broke I'm actually saving up for this jil drop. fucking peasant status =[

are the linen shirts still available?

Don't buy them.

I popped into the local Uniqlo today.

Tried on the (proper corded) slim fit cords, inseam was too long so couldn't tell what the hem was like. The fit is slim to regular they weren't skinny at all and kinda felt like they could accommodate a taper. Material is thin and the corduroy texture is of the furry kind. I quite liked them, will be getting them next week i think.

Oxford shirt in S fitted a tad big and tent like, fit would've been better if they had had it in XS. The Oxford cloth felt nice at least.

Flannel shirts are the usual generic stuff, might get the yellow and black colour way as they fit decent or maybe the dark grey.

Tried on the pleather - didn't like it.

Now all Uniqlo need to do is release a textured pattern knit jumper for me to kop and the +J collab.

the perfecto style imitaton leather jackets were pretty decent quality, i stopped by uniqlo today.

the sleeves are too long though, like the person above posted

is the pleather squeeky or wierd-feeling?

that's like my biggest gripe with fake leather... too plasticky feeling

Tried on the slim fit cords, inseam was too long so couldn't tell what the hem was like. The fit is slim to regular they weren't skinny at all and kinda felt like they could accommodate a taper. Material is thin and the corduroy texture is of the furry kind. I quite liked them, will be getting them next week i think.

How long are we talking in terms of inseam here? What size do you usually take?

How long are we talking in terms of inseam here? What size do you usually take?

The majority of the population needn't worry, I'm waist 30 inseam 30. Inseam was probably around 32-34, i'll just get it hemmed when i kop.

Waist 30 fits like a waist 30 interestingly enough.

Edit:

Answer to a question, cords were £19.99 in the UK.

Also you can't buy the actual "corded" version online yet/atm. So don't buy the inferior version online unless you like plain corduroy and fugly jeans.

For those of you wishing an online store for Uniqlo, you can call in to the store (in the US anyway...) and order through the phone. They pull stuff right off the floor so everything that you see online, may not be available in stores yet.

Uniqlo USA does have a call-"wait"-list though if you want to be notified when anticipated items hit the floor.

+J line items range from $49.90-$149.90 (if my memory serves me correctly on the low price....)

If anyone wants me to pick anything up for them, or nab them pix of items PM me.

^YO - I want that fucking grey suit in 34/XS. Fo Sho.

fit big or something? i'd prob use as a barhopping jacket

Weird, when I was there a red one existed but the orange didn't. I bought the blue and black (sold the black pretty quickly after I realized I didn't want black pleather). I think the cut is pretty solid and strangers come up to me randomly to compliment the blue. Worth it.