551 zxx... Where to get?

rnrswitch

Yo I was wonderin if any of y'all new where to get a pair of the 551zxx jeans, raw of course. I see them on ebay every once in a while, but they never have my size (30W). Every picture I have seen of them they just look almost black. So, any ideas, or would anyone out there want to part with a pair they have?

• 2 weeks later...

EBAY...these were only made during the 555 years I think so they are ultra rare. I have one pair and they are dark as night still after 2 months of constant wear and one quick rinse. They are in my opinion the best color indigo of any LVC product EVER. So, do a search for a seller called "thefinestfinds". He has a distributor somewhere that has access to these jeans. I have bought my pair from him along with some other stuff "sawtooth denim shirt" etc. IF you email him he will get you a pair but you may have to wait a while because I am pretty sure he is a middle man. He is legit though. This is the only place I have ever seen this particular jean. Also, they stretch in the waist so if you are a loose 32 then I would size down. These are sanforized so they don't shrink really at all. Interestingly enough the length did not shrink either. The last pair he sold went for $450 dollars on a buy it now. As I said they are freaking rare as hell.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks. I may have to indulge.

I got a pair and they are super super dark. They fit great. I am on month 5 and when I post my pics before/after the wash I think it is going to cause quite a stir. I highly recommend them because they crease really well and they are so damn dark the contrast will have to be amazing.

hi Damnlam and other denim lovers , i also have a few 551zxx pants , i bought them some 8 years ago,this was my first lvc i saw and bought , offcourse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i saw this post , i took mine out of the closet to take a look,and i saw to my surprise that on the inside of the pants , i noticed something strange , the rivets (on the inside) on the right pocket were made of aluminium , on the left pocket they were one aluminium and one of copper.

Shouldn't this be all copper rivets ?

I have to mention that i bought them as "seconds".

Edited by 501zxx on Mar 15, 2006 at 09:12 AM

I have a pair of 30 34's and I aggree they are the best LVC's of the bunch, beautiful pockets and really dark, but you can see almost a striped or maybe ringspun pattern underneath. I washed once and that allowed me to stretch them to a 31 w. They lost none of there darkness and they are wearing in amazing. Just recently had 45 rpm shorten and chainstich hem-you would never know though, because they are so dark, the pants still look new. Good luck getting a pair-you will love them.

Quote:

hi Damnlam and other denim lovers , i also have a few 551zxx pants , i bought them some 8 years ago,this was my first lvc i saw and bought , offcourse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When i saw this post , i took mine out of the closet to take a look,and i saw to my surprise that on the inside of the pants , i noticed something strange , the rivets (on the inside) on the right pocket were made of aluminium , on the left pocket they were one aluminium and one of copper.

--- Original message by 501zxx on Mar 15, 2006 09:11 AM

All of the rivets on my are copper. Does your top button have the 555 stamp on them? If they are seconds I would guess they still have the 555 stamp.

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by 501zxx on Mar 15, 2006 09:11 AM

All of the rivets on my are copper. Does your top button have the 555 stamp on them? If they are seconds I would guess they still have the 555 stamp.

--- Original message by damnIam on Mar 15, 2006 10:39 AM

yes , my top button has 555 on it.

about the rivets a send two pics of it , so you can see what i mean.

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/7711/dsc000029dn.jpg

http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/618/dsc000035bp.jpg

Looks like whoever was riviting them ran out of copper ones in his bin and just kept going with the aluminum ones instead of getting up. I would not worry about it, it looks kind of unique and if they break in well they might be ever more desirable due to their uniqueness. I bet they are %100 legit.

• 1 year later...
HJJ, what does the 551 fit like? and when were the original 551ZXX (not the repro) made by levi's?

i believe these came out in the early 60's. it was one of the first pre-shrunk levis you could buy (if my memory serves me right). although i havent tried these on, the images i have seen they look like the LVC 1955.