-Thrift store find- help me identify these LEVI'S!

Bill2

Picked these up yesterday....sorry no pics availible

Details as follows:

heavy, redline, raw selvage

bartacked, no hidden rivets, no crotch

Big E ted tab, two sided

Cardstock tag, says simply "501"

back of top botton stamped 501

Slim fit, similair to 47's

any thoughts?? LVC?? Dead stock??

They were in deadstock condition, but without any tags, paid 50 bucks for them

Thanks for any insight....

Bill

Fuck....more shit to buy

That's very odd, because I just bought a pair of old Levis, that sounds very similar to your description, except they are worn in. Top button also says 501 and with cardboard tag. No hidden rivets either.

These jeans were collected by a company who have searched through second hand stores for vintage Levis jeans. The jeans were sold in fashion stores and retailed for about $240. Luckily I've got mine alot cheaper.

Take a look at the pics. The color is darker than on the pics of the front and back. Really nice fade I think.

nme1k9.jpg

nme1sh.jpg

nme2bn.jpg

nmeotc.jpg

nme2pf.jpg

nmengg.jpg

nmeoh4.jpg

nmep3t.jpg

nmenv5.jpg

Ok, now that I've taken them off and looked inside them, there are some differences from the ones pictured above....

The tag inside is different, looks much newer, as if these were repros of the ones you found.....which might also explain why mine were dead stock and yours seem twenty years old.

Also, the side of my rivets, as pictured above on the picture that shows the pocket bag....are copper colored, yours are steel (zinc) colored

hmmmm

Fuck....more shit to buy

Hmmm. NEver seen anything like this before, from Levi's or LVC. NEver seen big E Levi's with the wider leatherlook patch. Or later jeans with the top-button stitch. I thought that wider patch had a tear-off strip in the late 70s, but I could be wrong, will have to check notes. Or the pocket guarantee. The coin pocket selvage is obviously on the inside. WHat a great fade, though!

how about the creases on the back pockets... not too shabby.