******ThE DoG ThReAD******

junglejane

Setter got his summer shave earlier this week. He's not very happy about it, kinda humiliating for a Setter to have his long beautiful hair cut. Of well, he'll live, and I let him keep his most important Setter feature, that feathered tail of his. Next summer I'll tell the groomer to just trim his ears rather than shaving them down. He loses too much personality and expression.

Photo0183.jpg

More pics plz!

He is very baroque-looking in this first pic. I'm trying not to get too invested til it pans out, but it's hard to resist thinking about a 17th century re-naming, or dressing him in the period fashions for halloweens, haha.

gotti.jpg

go.jpg

He is very baroque-looking in this first pic. I'm trying not to get too invested til it pans out, but it's hard to resist thinking about a 17th century re-naming, or dressing him in the period fashions for halloweens, haha.

gotti.jpg

go.jpg

Man... I would adopt this doggie if I could. I guess I'll have to keep dreaming until I can one day... :(

"Gotti" went to another home :( There were just too many people ahead of us that we didn't know about. The first applicant was all good, so that's where Gotti went.

It isn't completely wasted time though. He does have littermates! So the rest of us (there are 2 other couples who missed out) have those options.

^ I will :D

I regret to inform The Trash: None of these other puppies are well-liked by my dog. At all. She only has half a brain, so her particularities are pretty much in stone.

So...we'll wait. I think the best thing for me would be to avoid puppies in general and just find a dog who really, really, actually, needs a home.

our vet said for 7 to 10 days, although ive read that some people leave it on for as long as two weeks. i dont think theres anything wrong with that but your dog would be pretty unhappy about it. we took his off after 7 days since he was running into everything with it on.

^^^ How long does he have to wear the cone for? I have to get my 3 year old lab to get neutered

My dog only wore his for a day or two when I got him snipped. If he'd start to lick I'd immediately put it on, and he quickly learned that licking at his sutures meant having to wear the cone, so he didn't lick.

Keep an eye on it. One of mine had allergies to the "comfort band" around the neck. After a couple of days she developed a ring of weird hives/bumps where it touched. Nothing serious, but it drove her nuts. I'd go with setterman's advice and try for minimal wear.