junglejane

******ThE DoG ThReAD******

610 posts in this topic

They are generally surprisingly well behaved. the rescue group we are working with specializes in difficult, sick or soon to be put down dogs so i was initially a little hesitant to foster, but have been consistently surprised by the dogs ability to learn and behave if given proper support. from our experience, dog with behavior issues tend to be young and easily trainable. there's a shocking number of older, perfectly well behaved dogs, in shelters and these dogs are generally a breeze to foster. that being said, you have know and set your limits. we live in a small downtown condo so we can't help dogs with hardcore separation anxiety (had a lot of problems with landlord / city because of one). most shelter / rescue groups will let you set boundaries with regards to potential foster (size, breed, issues, etc).

the gf has worked at shelters and through seizures (quebec is the puppy mill capital of the world) so i know the feeling (if i didn't say no, we'd probably have 30 dogs by now). it's tough knowing that you can't help all these animals. and i know how bad are japanese pounds, current life goal is to make it back to j-land in a couple years so the gf can open a no-kill rescue group / shelter (plan is not fully defined yet though and involve me being successful enough to be able to support such an idea so we'll see).

Here's my little dude with another foster celebrating Halloween.

2jd49jb.jpg

Anyone know a French Bulldog breeder in New York or New Jersey? Thinking of getting one for the gf. Any help would be much appreciated.

Nah NYers love french bulldogs, you rarely see them at shelters. Most shelters in NYC are full of pit mixes\variants and labs, but they're perfectly awesome dogs.

Check out French Bulldog rescue if you want to adopt one

http://www.frenchbulldogrescue.org/htdocs/available.html

four years ago tomorrow the setter joined the family. can't keep his attention for long when there are birds around...

img2290f.jpg

By setterman at 2012-06-05

Anyone know a French Bulldog breeder in New York or New Jersey? Thinking of getting one for the gf. Any help would be much appreciated.

they're so popular in this area that there must be tons of breeders. They know that too though, so be prepared to pay tons for one.

these my dogs, zoey (pitbull) & buddy (golden).

1fzee1.jpg

they are friends. buddy is short (possibly part corgi).

j956b4.jpg

i got bored one day.

auede1.jpg

Looking to get a puppy or young dog and was looking at shelters in the southern California/long beach area. Anyone have any recommendations on shelters? And is there anything I should know and look into before adopting one? I've never owned a dog before, too. Thanks in advance

haha clyde frazier with his dogs

clyde.jpg

clyde frazier has salukis???

took my boys lure coursing the other weekend

52134234063871238041393.jpg

house heater is broken right now and it is (below?) zero degrees. my 14yo dog refuses to sleep anywhere but near our freezing front door. spent all night trying to convince him there are warmer rooms upstairs and blankets are good but he insists on guarding front door even though he's kind of deaf from age.

1am i finally managed to find a spare heater (the only working one in my home) from storage for him.

it really made him happy ◡‿◡

qEsrJ.jpg

gave up trying to take a clear pic.. this is best i can do.--

Edited by mapclub

our dog henry has been helping out a ton at the office lately. here's a pic of him doing some late night coding...

2ika5fk.jpg

also, a video

hi we're scared of the fireworks outside so we're hiding

d5cc6732.jpg

lowrider, your pups look like they should be hunting seals in the arctic or some shit like that.

also, I really want a dutch shepherd but I'd hate to cram him in an apartment while I'm gone 14 hrs every day.

dutchShepherd25nov2004048.JPG