Guacamole Muhfucka

DüM

yo how do yall niggaz feel about tomato in your guac? Fuck that right?

I just made some guac not 2 hrs ago, 3 avocados, like 8 small jalapenos micro-diced, red onion, 3 cloves of garlic, juice of a whole lime, almost a full head of cilantro...

i find a simple guac to be the best... me and a ex girl beasted on guac like everyday for a month, making it differently every time, and we kinda ended up on some uber simple shit that brought me to how i mix it now....

2 avocados, salt, pepper, ultra finely diced red pepper, a hit of garlic powder... the trick to me, is to not mix it, but take a sharp knife and cut it up in the bowl over and over till it starts to break down, also gives you some chunks... throw in the red pepper, quick stir, and your gold... hit of lemon juice is optional, but can hit it off... most of the veggies here in the NL are very very bad. but for some reason we get great hass avocados...

HASS > Florida Avocados.

The problem with tomato is that it has too high a water content and you run the danger of your guac becoming runny. The best way to solve that problem is 1) Use roma tomatoes which have a lower water content, 2) roast them and when they've blackened, take them out, let them cool and drain, squeeze out the seeds and peel the skin. That way you get tomato flavor and texture w/out the additional water.

Astro - did you know that Hass avocados are named after Rudolph Hass, the man who grew the first "mother" tree for the variety which was only torn down in 2002 at 76 years old.

Hats off for the original Haas avocado tree.

@BLM

why the hell would they tear that tree down?!!? i am shocked and appalled... mostly cause i find hass so much better than FL ones that its not even the same ball game.

roasting tomato's and shit is only for when your trying to fuck a girl... guac should be simple and super quick IMHO... but if pussy is involved, roast chop and sear away! :)