Supreme F/W 2009

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the new vans are an utter fail. doesn't mesh w/ the stee of this season at all. black old schools are sliiiiiiiightly meh but on a whole, these are right up there w/ the disruptive's from spring.

You're right, they really dont fit in with the rest of this seasons line. I KINDA dig the whit/blk old skools but not enough to cop.

ill probably just hold out til the new terry t's drop

The number of items released each season has drastically increased.

Unfortunately, quality > quantity.

I guess it does make sense though.... If you look back at the 06 , 07 Seasons , the store was quite dead after the first month or so.... and I think all they had back then were the Vans and maybe 2 collabs (a season).

We are only 5-6 weeks into this season and we've seen A LOT. There are still a lot of collabs to drop ,

Damien Hirst Rnd 2

WTAPS

Rumored Thrasher

and I'm sure quite a few more.

Wonder what happened to these

Those yellow ant-hero half cabs (could have been a tnt II. not 100%) that came out back in 2007 had the same red tab on the heel baring the Supreme logo. Not sure why they did, but perhaps whatever the reason was, it applies to these as well. Or maybe they're a rejected sample or maybe part of another batch of vans for this season or next.

Definitely - I posted in the W&H thread on styleforum making the same point. I'm a pretty big fan of both Nom De Guerre and Wings & Horns but I must say I actually prefer the Supreme one. The thumb through the cuff on the NDG one along with the lower pockets that don't look like they'd work that well kind of ruin it. I prefer the zip pockets of the Supreme one. The Supreme one is most likely made by CYC too, but I doubt its thermal lined and the hardware will be cheaper (YKKs vs ideal zippers). So, the Supreme one should also cost less (the NDG one is ~$300). I'm hoping for something closer to $150-$180.

I wish the Supreme one came in black and grey though instead of the weird tiger-ish fleece colors.

Anyone notice how close the Wings+Horns x Nom De Guerre thermal hoodie looks to the Supreme outdoor hoodie? It's practically the same thing but with stupid hand warmers.

Was on the North Face site today and saw their LES hoodie model, would have been a good base for a collabo.

you guys are missing the real burner, which is the track top called the "special sauce"

They're really turning up the pace they put collabos out at. Has this been one every week since first drop? (including Hanes and Mickey)

there wasn't a new release the second week but it's true (though it's weird to call mickey mouse a collaboration)

The number of items released each season has drastically increased.

Unfortunately, quality > quantity.

look on the bright side, if they're doing 5x the number of drops then 80% could suck and they'd still be doing the same number of good ones a season... i mean no one's putting a gun to your head making you buy them, are they?

I really like the vans, especially the old skools. I'd rock the black or the yellows.

Would be cool if starks did the laces, nice lil' tie in.

the old skool laces do look starks (who designed the 09 all star af1 laces)... not into them but the half cabs look pretty much like what you'd expect to see if you looked up "supreme x vans" in a dictionary. i'm having a tough time picking out which parts of the uppers are suede though i'm guessing the toe box is canvas

anyone know if sz smalls are available for the supreme varsity jacket in-store?

don't quote me on this but i think the only smalls they got in / still had recently were the ripstops. the smalls always seem to turn up later, randomly (if at all)

just got the red tartan in the mail, surprised by the lack of a red tab - the site indicates otherwise in the pic. also, they're not usa made anymore for those that care.

just got mine: comes w/a black tab which i think looks good. was worried that there was no tab at all. shirt is nice but still can't figure out why these were $118.

haha and to think im in "marketing"

they also fit longer than last seasons tee. I think i just need to swap out to a medium but the neckhole might take me out.

for anyone who has experience, how would you rank the new tees fitwise as opposed to the malcolm mclaren tees?

Has anyone bought the two-tone hoodie?

Wondering how the fit is/if it's worth it? Still unsure on what colorway I like the best..

I got the two tone hoody in black/grey. The fit is good. I dont think it feels any different then other supreme zip ups. Not sure how to describe it. Its nice and stiff. hope that helps.

not to knock anyone's hustle, but for $50 more you can get a much better made to measure TOJ bomber in the same style. just saying

I've got a "TOJ 0" varsity which is top quality and I definitely recommend dealing with that guy to anybody looking for a similar bomber, so long as you're not retarded with a measuring tape.