Supreme F/W 2009

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They definitely are over. Or they never started, haha.

I did pickups for people from Wings & Horns sample sales in the past (I live in Vancouver) for no charge, but I've never had anyone offer to return the favor when I've wanted to get something from Supreme. I don't bother asking anymore because I know the answer (either no, or "sure, if you pay me $20 per item"). It's understandable, I guess, but it means there's no way I offer to pickup stuff for anyone at the next sample sale. It'd be nice if, at least within this community people would help each other out.

Hmm, I do pickups all the time for friends of mine around the globe. Straight retail, tax and shipping. No BS gas or "handling" charge either. I guess the days of mutual pick ups among friends are over.

that is definitely still happening but i think there has been a market correction for supreme pickups with a proper valuation for time and effort. i guarantee you if someone posted in this thread that they will do pickups for a 5% fee above cost they would spend half their waking day replying to pms and making stock check runs to the store

at 20% or whatever, it simultaneously reduces demands for the service and also makes it worth doing

that is definitely still happening but i think there has been a market correction for supreme pickups with a proper valuation for time and effort. i guarantee you if someone posted in this thread that they will do pickups for a 5% fee above cost they would spend half their waking day replying to pms and making stock check runs to the store

at 20% or whatever, it simultaneously reduces demands for the service and also makes it worth doing

If anybody can snag the blue denim leather patch cap for me I will pay for the bother.

pickups for friends and a few no-hassle veterans is all i'll do anymore.

anyone else that typically wants a pickup has become too much of a headache. yes, one guy tracked down my portfolio site and started texting me from the # on my resume. so the percent on top is definitely reasonable for taking a hour round trip, waiting in line at the post office and taking time to respond to your neurotic level of messages about why your package isn't at your door in 3 hours or haggling over $1-2 in shipping costs. i also started doing a non-refundable tenner (as part of the fee) because half the time stuff isn't in stock.

I don't think anyone would dispute doing pickups can be a hassle, but its just funny how some people that say that are also messaging others looking for pickups of their own and expecting it at little or no charge (edit: I'm not implying this about mlproject).

Like I said, I'd prefer to do pickups for things I can get with no extra charges and have people return the favor for me but I've learned that's not going to happen, so I just don't offer to do pickups anymore. It's fine for everyone to do that but its shittier for everyone if people are only willing to help out someone if they get paid for it. I wouldn't expect people to offer to do pickups for anyone who asks, but it'd be nice for people that have been around here for years to help each other out.

Going back to the original point its also why there will always be resellers for a brand like Supreme. If it comes down to begging someone on a messageboard to pick up something and then, if one agrees to it, paying them close to what a reseller charges anyways once they add all their charges, most people will just cut the middleman and buy from a reseller. I'd bet a lot of the people on here asking for a pickup do it once and then learn this.

Edit: I'm surprised no one has called me a whiner for this yet, but I'm sure it's coming. My point is that, within a smaller community like this, it benefits everyone if people help each other out. I realize it doesn't work in practice which is why I end up supporting resellers like crashstreet, even though it wouldn't be my first choice.

^Wow, that borders on stalking (!)

Thanks for the comments and clarification guys. It def seems like the spirit is still alive and well. I've been doing this for way too long than I'd care to admit and the "pickups" run the gamut from sneakers to clothing to non-perishable food items... I guess I'm getting it twisted a little because I only do pickups for friends and rarely do "random" ones for cats I've just met. In which case the % fee totally makes sense because a proper relationship hasn't been established yet.

I used to be able to order through the webstore on my own and use a US address for shipping but even that won't work anymore. Starting with SS09 their credit card approval system seems a lot more strict and doesn't seem to allow non US based cards anymore. My Canadian credit card, even with the US shipping address added to it as a billing address, gets rejected now.

I use visa giftcards to order off the website.

Heres a dumb question, my timberline has what looks like a scuff on the shoulder. How exactly do you care for waxed cotton? Will it just fade over time?

The note on the website says never to wash it, just wait for it to dry and brush it clean.

http://www.britishmillerain.com/content/care-instructions

Heres a dumb question, my timberline has what looks like a scuff on the shoulder. How exactly do you care for waxed cotton? Will it just fade over time?

not sure how bad the scuff is but minor surface scrapes are normal and over time should add a nice patina.

if it's seriously worn to the point where the waterproofing is in question you can reapply wax as directed by the manufacturer (you can apply using a soft cloth and hairdrier)...

Timberline would be perfect if it had a zip; for that reason I'd go with a bedale if money was no object.

Jackets on some wolverine shit, scuff is already fading in nicely after I rode home and got a little warm.

thats one reason i went with the work jacket. plus it has a hood... i hate wind on my neck. also it was $10 less. both look dope tho.

Timberline would be perfect if it had a zip; for that reason I'd go with a bedale if money was no object.

Jackets on some wolverine shit, scuff is already fading in nicely after I rode home and got a little warm.

that's honestly the only reason i haven't picked it up yet. i like that it's lightweight and perfect for the 50-70 degree weather that NY will have for the next few months, but no zipper is beat.