MJ Tribute Event

AstroWolf

Its on CNN in the EU, i am watching, and despite the lawyer in me who could think of a few questionable items about this persons life, its totally fucking amazing how sad it is he is dead.

I missed about half of it, just got to see Stevie Wonder talk about working with him and Magic show how much better at the english language he is than ko"rapist"be.

This shit is deep, this is our generations elvis dying, I hate CNN, i am not the HUGEST MJ fan, but this is intense.

Anyone else watching??:cool:

I still honestly blame Pepsi for him going nuts, but thats a different thread... now sharpton is on, crazy shit.

i liked hearing about magic and mj eating kfc together :)

yeah that was fun ha!

everyone is saying so nice things about him, like that old man before john mayer. I think Michael should have heard this before he died, like during the trial, all those nice thing and maybe he would still be alive...

Fuck my work is blocking the feed :(. I'm not the biggest fan either but I want to watch just to see all these people pay lip service to MJ when most of them would have refused to be photographed with him for most of the last decade.

Joe Jackson and Al Sharpton have to be neck and neck in terms of being the biggest exploitative scumbag. Joe probably wins for plugging his record label when asked to comment on his son's death. As far as I'm concerned MJ is a saint just for not having guy killed with his hundreds of millions.

was jsut watching TV an hour ago and zapping through the channels about 3 different stations in germany were doing live coverage... geez wtf?

i caught a bit where a dude was talking about MJs "roots" and the translator actually translated it literally, sounded fucking ridiculous. bad translator is bad

facepalm.jpg

"Love me while I'm here, while I can still feel it. Don't give me flowers when I'm dead and gone if you gave me none while I was alive."

I had the event TiVo'd because i knew i couldnt wake up in time. So i just finished watching it. During, my grandparents were in the kitchen and my grandpa got frustrated saying stuff like.. "they're turning this into a political event, so they can sponsor their charities and make profit off of his passing.." He's really religious (Christian) and he was like. "Michael Jackson was just a man! We all go to the same place when we die!" He was frustrated because everyone was saying all the things that he did for the world like give to charities, break down the barrier that stopped musicians from being comfortable in the world.. I paused it while they were bickering, and just listened to their nonsense.

I was offended, but cant get mad at the elderly I guess.