Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

Those Elfelts look great on you RNR. I'm really liking the details on 'em. I think my only hope is to hit up Rising Sun after I sell my house (hopefully) this fall and have a wad of cash in my pocket :)

Those Elfelts look great on you RNR. I'm really liking the details on 'em. I think my only hope is to hit up Rising Sun after I sell my house (hopefully) this fall and have a wad of cash in my pocket :)

Or you can do what I did and show up to the joint, party, get loaded, and have a credit card on you. It is hard to resist denim when drunk. They should never be paired together. Denim, booze, and credit cards just do not mix or maybe they mix too well.

Felt a smidge guilty after I bought them, but now, very little guilt that I have them on and they are breaking in nicely.

I think my only hope is to hit up Rising Sun after I sell my house (hopefully) this fall and have a wad of cash in my pocket :)

:eek:Zissou's lost it. He is selling his house to buy jeans. Pics or it didn't happen, Cap'n ;).

Shit, man, when I sell my house, I am instantly booking a trip to LA to blow my wad (or, rather, a small part of it) on Mister Freedom, Rising Sun, RRL, Julian boots, and Opening Ceremony.

I believe it wasnt mentioned yet but what's the price for the duck pants?

500 big ones.

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 170 lbs

Waist: 32 in.

Thanks, I just called and ordered the med duck vest. Hope it fits. I'm 5'10" 180 but a 33 waist and only 39/40 chest. I'll be using it as a daily riding vest so it'll get filthy and washed regularly. Hope washing won't be an issue. Know if it it'll shrink much?

Thanks, I just called and ordered the med duck vest. Hope it fits. I'm 5'10" 180 but a 33 waist and only 39/40 chest. I'll be using it as a daily riding vest so it'll get filthy and washed regularly. Hope washing won't be an issue. Know if it it'll shrink much?

Did you pick up the blue or brown duck. Both are nice. I saw some beat up ones at the party.

Also, what was the price on those vests $200, $300?

For those interested, Rising Sun does have other duck pants that are pretty nice looking as well that are not exact repros of a specific pant. They are $300 and I believe they are all single stitched as well, but don't quote me on that.

Did you pick up the blue or brown duck. Both are nice. I saw some beat up ones at the party.

Also, what was the price on those vests $200, $300?

For those interested, Rising Sun does have other duck pants that are pretty nice looking as well that are not exact repros of a specific pant. They are $300 and I believe they are all single stitched as well, but don't quote me on that.

I bought the brown duck version. The Indigo one looks sweet but I'd guess over half my wardrobe is some sort of blue :( As much as I wanted it, the brown is more what I actually need. Also based on the sizes and measurements they sent me, the brown should fit better. According to the info they sent, the indigo is a tad too small.

"The indigo is 20 inches across the torso on top and 19.5 across the torso on bottom. From the middle neck to bottom of the vest on the back is 23.5 inches.

The duck vest is 20.5 across the torso on top and 20 inches across the torso on the bottom. From the middle neck to bottom of the vest on back is 23 inches."

It cost me $250 shipped. Way more than I wanted to spend but here in Florida I can wear it all year round to ride with, I really like it and it should last forever. When I told my wife I was getting a "riding" vest she asked "a Harley vest? Why?" Lol... not quite :) I still haven't told her what it cost :(

do they ship internationally? and whats the smallest waist size they stock?

Ive seen their other denim/duck models on japanese webshops; they look amazing as well.

I saw the indigo for $275, i'll check the price for duck.

Well considering I just purchased the brown duck vest yesterday over the phone for $225 + tax and shipping, I'm assuming the price is $225 :) I doubt I got deal... and I hope they didn't up the price on me :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone who helped with the info on the vest, I've been wearing it daily to ride to and from work and I just love it.

I got a chuckle from the bag it was sent in within the box... a shopping bag made like an old feedbag... awesome concept. I'd opened hundreds of bags like that over the years back home and it was a nice touch that immediately brought back a flood of memories. Very cool.

For duck, it feels a little light and I was hoping it would have been heavier but now after wearing it a couple of weeks in the heat it feels just right and really is heavy enough. Any heavier and it wouldn't drape I guess. The construction is really well done and the inner herringbone material is pretty nice.

This will get a lot of use especially since it can be worn year 'round... great purchase.

• 1 month later...
With only 32 made, does anyone know if the Dead Grass jeans are still available?

I believe there are a few left. You looking for the AB Elfelts or the Neustadter duck pants?

I was at the shop a couple days ago as well and there were a few pairs left. One of my favorite purchases ever. I think everyone is sleeping on these. Amazing job by both Mikes. These are incredible. Plenty of photos to come but still on trip and server is down. Switch's photos convinced me.

www.banditphotographer.com