Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

2 hours ago, spidereye said:

Do you mean the current Black Smith are different in cut ...compare to Mike Hodis run.?

I'm fairly certain that the cut itself hadn't changed since Mike left. 
the construction might differ slightly but the patterning should be the same. 

• 2 months later...

I picked these Used rising sun HBT trousers up a few months ago from yahoo auctions and during lockdown they’ve become my ‘go too’s’. Really really comfortable. Having had a root around, I can’t find any details of them. Model name etc. 

anyone got any clues?

E2BCCBF5-0840-4A25-A9D1-396E5E34FC5A.jpeg

Can we see some details please?

Might have been a prototype. Mike Hodis had a lot of interesting stuff at the shop that had never gone into production. 

Edited by CSL

Hey Carl. Couple of pics. I also picked up another used pair from yahoo auctions to be kept in reserve for when this pair expires. 

there was a horizontal line of contrast stitching across each pocket, but I unpicked it.

C55E32CE-8CDA-4F71-8F74-4C7F81819081.jpeg

291ACFAD-6138-430C-87CF-D1C1FC6242FA.jpeg

Very cool, Martin! I know I didn't see those at the shop. If I had I would have picked up a pair!

Thanks guys. I might sneak a message to mr H on Instagram. See if he can shed further light.

Just received this mechanic cap got a deal with Allan ..he managed to put it online for me to buy last 2 pcs at the store .Parcel come with crispy Stright Razor jawns ^_^IMG_20200902_142214.thumb.jpg.06defda42f690fe24ef9a4f347275166.jpg

IMG_20200902_142235.jpg

15990519008735127047063192209017.jpg

that expanding pocket in the straight razor jeans is one of the subtle hodis innovations that shows a modern mind working behind all the retro facade. would love to see it catch on but probably won't. 

Not sure but the black smith now made with 15oz fabric's and no longer stamp made in USA at the pacth..like this . And the price is more affordable now first batch cost per pair is $500 I still recall

rising-sun-jeans-blacksmith-long-john-blog-usa-handmade-rigid-raw-selvage-selvedge-fabric-blue-unwashed-worn-out-mike-hodis-5-pocket-yoke-seam-chain-stich-hem-buttons-donut-patch-paper-leather-3.jpg

20 hours ago, spidereye said:

Not sure but the black smith now made with 15oz fabric's and no longer stamp made in USA at the pacth..like this . And the price is more affordable now first batch cost per pair is $500 I still recall

rising-sun-jeans-blacksmith-long-john-blog-usa-handmade-rigid-raw-selvage-selvedge-fabric-blue-unwashed-worn-out-mike-hodis-5-pocket-yoke-seam-chain-stich-hem-buttons-donut-patch-paper-leather-3.jpg

thanks @spidereye. my older blacksmith (2013?) also didn't have the made in usa stamp on the patch which i frankly prefer (stampless). but even that older version was quite a bit different from the first version(s?), the $500 one. the denim was also cone but stiffer (white selvedge with black id instead of the plain white on mine), the stitching was a bit different (eg, higher stitchcount in the waistband), the side belt loops are not angled, also the belt loops are actually flatter, different cinch buckle, etc. (i spent like half an hour comparing the two at the old second sunrise in stockholm, it was called unionville back then). overall the more expensive version was a better jean, but i still love mine. it's my favourite cut apart from my tenders. 

Edited by oomslokop

@oomslokop yeah I like the latest version too 14oz denim just perfect for me...anyway post your Rs vest please I remembered you got one. Curious to see the evos through this years.

Edited by spidereye

On 7/31/2009 at 2:02 AM, rnrswitch said:

This shit is nice. The price point is a bit too much for me to handle. The Yukon is like $500. It does have beautiful detailing and also some great denim. I believe it is a natural indigo from white oak. Don't quote me on that though.

Mike Hodis is a great guy and loves to shoot the shit about denim and vintage clothing.

perhaps it was the yukon that was 500 bucks. 375 was what i paid for my blacksmith in 2014. i seem to remember the original blacksmith with the different details was a bit pricier tho? unfortunately i can't remember the price for the pair i saw at unionville. i wasn't even contemplating buying it it was so expensive (and in krona :D).