Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2017 at 8:16 AM, kicks79 said:

Always regret not getting one of their outdoor vests in the brown canvas :(

I work at a shop called Pinkomo in Finland and we still have those. We can ship it to you. http://pinkomo.mycashflow.fi/product/1207/rising-sun--co-outdoor-vest-duck

10 hours ago, kicks79 said:

@mememessenger Thanks for the heads up. Do you have a size chart of how they fit? Im a 36 chest, thinking I would need a small?

I have a jacket from them and in my experience the sizing is quite normal. Here's the size chart you requested 

Outdoor Vest-BRN RAW

• 1 month later...

I just had a great shopping experience with Rising Sun, so I want to give them props here. I don't want to go into the details because I don't want to set expectations, but they went above and beyond normal customer service. I wish them the best and I hope they are a going concern.

2 hours ago, JDelage said:

I just had a great shopping experience with Rising Sun, so I want to give them props here. I don't want to go into the details because I don't want to set expectations, but they went above and beyond normal customer service. I wish them the best and I hope they are a going concern.

I second this. I had a very nice CS experience with my recent order.

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, JDelage said:

I wonder whether they're still in business...

I've wondered too. They've been pretty silent on Instagram as of late.

I know it's not denim, but I've really been liking Runabout Goods. I've picked up a couple pairs of their pants and a crew neck sweatshirt.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Very glad to have got the two items I did, when I did. Who knows if they'll ever be made again. I got the black canvas pleated jacket, and the blue denim one with wool lining.

• 2 months later...
On 4/14/2020 at 4:37 PM, propellerbeanie said:

Whoa, they're back. Seems to be a full restock of the indigo Blacksmith and Cattleman!

As far as I can remembered the Retails of black smith jeans is $400-500 range why this 15oz version price is super sweet to hear :)

I wonder what denim they’re using now and if they’re made as nicely as when Hodis was running things. 
Edit - I see that the Instagram posts are tagged with ConeDenim. I’m surprised that they don’t put that on their site if it’s true. 

My perfect jeans would be the general Blacksmith design, but with a higher rise, suspender buttons omitted, and one of Roy’s custom denims. I love the pocket style, cinch design, iron buttons, silk screened tag, heavy pocket bags, and so many other little touches that Hodis put into these. 

Edited by lefty

50 minutes ago, lefty said:

I wonder what denim they’re using now and if they’re made as nicely as when Hodis was running things. 
Edit - I see that the Instagram posts are tagged with ConeDenim. I’m surprised that they don’t put that on their site if it’s true. 

My perfect jeans would be the general Blacksmith design, but with a higher rise, suspender buttons omitted, and one of Roy’s custom denims. I love the pocket style, cinch design, iron buttons, silk screened tag, heavy pocket bags, and so many other little touches that Hodis put into these. 

What?...Mike does not own RS anymore? ....but 15oz fabrics are better I guess . I noticed it too about the conemill not stated in their post...no wonder retails is $200+ now before this $500 for the conmills 12oz black smith

27 minutes ago, lefty said:

He’s been out of RS since 2012ish.

My understanding - and I’m open to correction here - is that he sold it (or his share of it) and that Runabout hasn’t produced any denim goods due to a non compete. 

Clearly Im out of radar trough this year's due to my health condition

..the current price is more affordable now like half price .. tempting to get a pair .

4 hours ago, lefty said:

I'm in total agreement with those details, Lefty. I was debating whether to pay the surcharge to have a customized pair made when I found Mike had sold the company. If only I'd been more decisive...

On 3/9/2011 at 9:39 PM, Mich said:

Too bad it's way too small for me, it really is a great looking jacket!

The Blacksmiths are $500 + $50 shipping to Europe buying directly from Rising Sun, but Sivletto also stocks them and sells them for €402 which is about the same but without the risk of getting hit by customs,

http://shop.sivletto.com/system/search/product.asp?id=5303&c=424&page=1&rnum=2

Do you know why Blacksmith price are more affordable now $230 . Are they using different denim fabrics?

Anyone knew please clarify this 

Many thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, lefty said:

He’s been out of RS since 2012ish.

My understanding - and I’m open to correction here - is that he sold it (or his share of it) and that Runabout hasn’t produced any denim goods due to a non compete. 

This is what I’ve heard as well. 

@Iron Horse @lefty I talked with Mike a few months back and he hinted that the non compete was expiring soon or something. 
I know he has made denim for West Side Story and a few other films. 
So I’m sure denim will happen again sometime. 

I like the cut of those Blacksmiths. Not a fan of the slightly fancy and gaudy pockets, cinch, decorative stitching, etc. Too much for my aesthetic taste. The same thing with a plainer look would be really nice. Would look less like I was dressing up in a costume and more like I was just wearing a pair of jeans.