Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

no it's too bad, a fantastic clone indeed.

they were produced in a small batch based on the Harris' family findings about a year and a half ago.

thanks man..some times my other side (classic style) keep me dreaming about this gem

if anyone wants to get rid off their indigo duck vest in L or even M (meausrements neede!)...please get at me! thanks in advance...

i'm sure from all my stalking in different denim fora that you wear a 42 in flat head tees and they fit you snug. i also wear flat head tees in 42 but by preference they fit me loose. i've got the rs vest in M and it fits me kinda big (especially the armhole) so by poirot-ian deduction the same M would fit you PERFECT (especially since you seem to prefer snug-ish tops). don't go L. (just in case this gets misinterpreted, i'm not selling my vest! :)

this is what you can look forward to tf:

9943590605_b7683ca38d_z.jpg

Edited by oomslokop

If anyone has any experience with the straight razor in khaki some information would be greatly appreciated.

They look like the pair of khakis I've been looking for, still waiting for the 3sixteen ST-44X to be released for a comparison.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm sure from all my stalking in different denim fora that you wear a 42 in flat head tees and they fit you snug. i also wear flat head tees in 42 but by preference they fit me loose. i've got the rs vest in M and it fits me kinda big (especially the armhole) so by poirot-ian deduction the same M would fit you PERFECT (especially since you seem to prefer snug-ish tops). don't go L. (just in case this gets misinterpreted, i'm not selling my vest! :)

this is what you can look forward to tf:

...fuck :D

thanks for the great info on sizing though and everything. if you ever think about it though, please hit me up ;)

If anyone has any experience with the straight razor in khaki some information would be greatly appreciated.

They look like the pair of khakis I've been looking for, still waiting for the 3sixteen ST-44X to be released for a comparison.

Hey Broark,

I've had a pair for about 6 months and I absolutely love them. The fabric is really unique, a bit thicker and with more texture than I got from the pictures on the website (both pleasant surprises). I've washed them once in cold water then hung them dry and they probably lost 0.5" in the hem; waist seems the same. The fit overall is slimmer than most pants I typically wear but still comfortable (I won't be slipping them over my Road Champs, that's for sure). I have gotten more compliments on these than many of my other pairs of pants/denim. Also, they seem quite tough; I feel I've just barely begun to break them in, and I've been making it a point to wear them as often as possible (coupla times a week, maybe). I highly recommend them (although I checked on their website before posting and it has completely changed. I couldn't find the straight razor khakis anywhere. Not sure if this means they're not available anymore, though). I hope this helps. I could upload a pic if my computer weren't all fucked up, but alas. Enjoy!

Thanks for the mini review doc, you're right though about them not being on the site anywhere. If they really are gone then that's a disappointment. When I originally made that post they were still listen in the shop. I might shoot them an email and see what's up, might have missed out on them. I'm still considering the 3Sixteen ST-44X and Momotaro is releasing a new selvedge chino as well.

Thanks for the mini review doc, you're right though about them not being on the site anywhere. If they really are gone then that's a disappointment. When I originally made that post they were still listen in the shop. I might shoot them an email and see what's up, might have missed out on them. I'm still considering the 3Sixteen ST-44X and Momotaro is releasing a new selvedge chino as well.

No problem. Great pair of "atypical" chinos. From the single picture I could find showing the 3Sixteen ST-44X, the materials of the two are remarkably similar. Don't know how they differ in cut, though (the 3Sixteen SL-55x's look pretty awesome, too). Again, judging only by pictures (a terrible idea, I know), the Momotaros seem more 2-dimensional, with less texture to the fabric. I'd be interested to hear what you think if you end up handling all three. Can't really go wrong, regardless.

Great articles about Rising Sun Jeans. I recently got a Rising Sun Outdoor Vest which I put some Otter Wax onto it. From my point of view it looks great and now it not just has the name of an Outdoor vest it actually serves as an Outdoor vest as well. I love the huge pockets which you can image by the images on the first photos I took. 

rising-sun-outdoor-vest-raw-brown-otter-

More images here

http://be-cause-blog.com/2013/09/18/otter-waxed-the-rising-sun-outdoor-vest/

rising-sung-outdoor-vest-brown-duck-canv

more here:
http://be-cause-blog.com/2013/09/17/rising-sun-outdoor-vest-brown-duck-canvas/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm really frustrated with Rising Sun. Website advises buying a size smaller than your actual size yet the Yukons that arrived today are 2 inches BELOW tag size, and I now know I'm not the only person to experience this. The Yukons I bought 2.5 years ago are bigger than these and tag size is 2 inches smaller.

When you're buying in the UK and have paid for shipping and customs and duty this is really disappointing. I know they're a small operation but is it too much to ask that they get simple basics like actual sizing correct?

It would be better if they didn't offer any sizing or sizing advice on their website if they're going to get it so badly wrong - at least then I'd have asked them to send the actual measurements rather than trust them to post the correct information.

• 4 months later...

Thinking about picking up a pair of Rising Sun straight Razor jeans, but don't know anything about them.   Going back through the last few pages of posts, it seems like there is a pretty mixed bag of reviews.   Anybody with recent experience and an opinion?  

• 2 weeks later...

I've had spades and razors, and i'm currently wearing my spades. Loved them both, I had a perfect fit right of of the box both times. The spade fit is wonderful for me because i never skip leg day and have larger thighs. I think the details on the spades are better than the razors. The denim is not the most exciting in the world but its decent, but i love the lined pocket backs and a few of the little stitching details. Stevensons are my favorite jeans that  i have bought recently but these are a close second because the fit is on point and suits my body better. 

Sanforized denim is sanforized denim and i always prefer the character of unsanforized but the construction is very high quality and the details are well done.

I highly recommend these jeans

• 2 months later...

I've had spades and razors, and i'm currently wearing my spades. Loved them both, I had a perfect fit right of of the box both times. The spade fit is wonderful for me because i never skip leg day and have larger thighs. I think the details on the spades are better than the razors. The denim is not the most exciting in the world but its decent, but i love the lined pocket backs and a few of the little stitching details. Stevensons are my favorite jeans that  i have bought recently but these are a close second because the fit is on point and suits my body better. 

Sanforized denim is sanforized denim and i always prefer the character of unsanforized but the construction is very high quality and the details are well done.

I highly recommend these jeans

How'd you size on your spades?