Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

• 1 month later...

hi, i come from hong kong,

i want to order a boot and ranch hand jacket from rising sun co website,it cost about 1000 USD,

but they told me,i need to pay Tax (.0875%) : 89.68,

anyone know do i need to pay tax?? because i order something on other online store,i don't need to pay tax,

someone can help me?

hi, i come from hong kong,

i want to order a boot and ranch hand jacket from rising sun co website,it cost about 1000 USD,

but they told me,i need to pay Tax (.0875%) : 89.68,

anyone know do i need to pay tax?? because i order something on other online store,i don't need to pay tax,

someone can help me?

Unfortunately yes you will. Sales tax is about 8% in California.

I had to pay tax as well last time I ordered a vest from them and I live in Scotland. I placed the order via email but at the time they didn't mention anything about the CA sales tax. When I received the package the receipt shows I've been charged sales tax.

just ordered from unionmade, and was not charged sales tax. looked on their site, and it says they only charge CA sales tax to orders shipping inside CA (I live in Pennsylvania). But, when I bought a pair of LVC 501s from the levis store in San Fran last fall, I was charged sales tax. not sure what the law is. I know if i place an order online with a company inside my state, I'm charged sales tax (though not on clothes, no sales tax on them here).

My guess is that the workers don't know they are suppose to not charge sales tax outside California. I would suspect you could get a refund if you contacted them.

• 3 weeks later...

A.B. Elfets are WAY gone, right?

There might be some still, but I don't think in decent sizes.

Well, I sent them an email. I'll probably call tomorrow. They run about five bills, right?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good there ihbw. You would think those pants would force you to crack a smile. :)

I think they are the ww2 vintage suspenders rising sun was giving out for free. Dutch I believe. Real blood stains if I do recall.

Ha. Thanks RNR. They do make me smile. Let's see an update on those customs you have.

ADDIC I got them from RS. They are vintage military. They are marked MvO on the metal adjustment tabs. This is what I have found out about them.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287484

"M.V.O. stands for "Ministerie van Oorlog" (Ministry of War).

So its Dutch, and as far as i know MVO is post-war."

-some guy on the Internet.

• 3 weeks later...

^ from what I remember when I tried on a few pairs in their standard denim:

pretty much hit and miss - variance for models of same size (same cut) was quite significant and sizing was inconsistent - can happen with small scale production.

I think I am somewhere around 33-34"...

actual measurements earlier in the thread or here: http://mynudies.com/showthread.php?7779-Rising-Sun-amp-Co

^ from what I remember when I tried on a few pairs in their standard denim:

pretty much hit and miss - variance for models of same size (same cut) was quite significant and sizing was inconsistent - can happen with small scale production.

I think I am somewhere around 33-34"...

actual measurements earlier in the thread or here: http://mynudies.com/...sing-Sun-amp-Co

thanks bro really appreciate it...