Rising Sun & Co

Turntabloid

Here is the ranch hand jacket I picked up at the sale. On the fence about the size. Is this too small for me or is the shortness of these types of jackets throwing me off?

web.jpg?ver=13239697190001

The Californians are looking good. Jacket looks like the right size as well.

Did anybody see if they had any decent fabrics for sale last week?

Did anybody see if they had any decent fabrics for sale last week?

not a whole lot when I looked at it. They had a ton of denim, but no selvedge and a lot of it looked like it was a cotton/mix.

I got a few yards of some duck and cotton for pocket bags. plus a ton of thread.

I've got a indigo duck vest in size medium for sale. Worn once by Michael Harris (the denim hunter), but unfortunately too big for me. Looking for $125 plus shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

on the way through the la region - we had the time to stop at rising sun jeans...

4d119ce4.jpg

209398bc.jpg

image upload

the show room

480822ec.jpg

image upload

27808395.jpg

gif image hosting

cedf3e66.jpg

jpeg image hosting

577e2fbb.jpg

hosting images

14a21777.jpg

image host

the shop

e48f177f.jpg

image hosting png

8254e595.jpg

jpeg image hosting

18569e99.jpg

image hosting jpg

Edited by Foxy2

a0270305.jpg

image upload

d6e03957.jpg

image hosting gif

db087157.jpg

gif image hosting

fc89403f.jpg

jpeg image hosting

i tried on all of their jeans as i was very interested in their replicas of historical cuts and styles.

i ended up buying this style (Blacksmith):

6310ca0a.jpg

hosting images

ab8b0ea8.jpg

image hosting gif

5b79f2e6.jpg

adult image hosting

and this shirt (Brotherhood) - buttons and button holes will be set in the next few days...

689247e2.jpg

upload images

Edited by Foxy2

Well folks, I just can't seem to get myself into one of the Ranch Jackets, well not one that fits and the disappointment has given my dog diarrhea. I've just taken receipt of this size M and it is too small. I could take pictures to illustrate the fit but I am having some trouble dealing with a recent present from the Beard Fairy and am embarrassed to show my face. Trade for a size L or sell for what I paid, $250 shipped. I figured I could give y'all the opportunity before I put it in the supermarket.

"Check it out! For your health"

6600735985_e908361657_z.jpg

6600737689_0589ef050e_z.jpg

6600729597_2cf351dab4_z.jpg

i'm very upset about wanting other things. fucking shit. if i can get my funds up, i will give you a pm asap!

too bad u are not in need of a small or we could have traded; in case anyone is interested, I also have a new ranch hand duck jacket for sale (small) for 215$ + shipping.

too bad u are not in need of a small or we could have traded; in case anyone is interested, I also have a new ranch hand duck jacket for sale (small) for 215$ + shipping.

Well, just because we can't make a trade due to size doesn't mean that you shouldn't take my size M off my hands so that I may track down a size L. I have been watching your, and am stunned that it has not sold, I would buy it for my girlfriend, but we cannot be walking around in the same jacket. we already wear similar jeans and I have been stocking her up on boots that I like.

Headed down to Rising Sun yesterday and met up with Mike Hodis to get situated on some custom Blacksmiths for me. They have some beautiful unsanforized loomstate 15oz chunky denim. A bit over the top compared to some of the more tame denim that Rising Sun uses. It jumped out at me though.

002500x375.jpg

003500x375.jpg

I also picked out some different hardware. They have some really cool 4 eyelet sew on buttons that are covered in black enamel. I got those for the suspender buttons.

I wish I would have taken my camera, because their new place is really cool. It is set up like an old dry goods market and there is plenty of space for the tailors to work as well.

The custom blacksmiths run $600. I got a gift certificate for xmas for a portion of it, so it didn't hit my pocket book too bad.