Visvim a/w09

dralfonzo

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oops my bad didnt see the last page.

as far as im concerned, who cares if they put some rhinestones on those shoes. its not like they were great to begin with.

I personally don't mind either shoe, but it just seems ridiculous and totally unnecessary. Could have been done a lot better, Hiroshi Fujiwara's FBTs with Goro ponchos don't look that bad.

4265120447_98bd83d545_o.png

4265120443_45dff0c110_o.png

Why do people insist on adding shit to products? I mean, it's totally ridiculous to ruin a pair of Skagways (?) and Maliseet Folks by adding Swarovski crystals? Surely after a few wears if not just one wear, you'll end up losing most of them.

i don't think that's really the point... anyway, why wouldn't they do this - it's what swarovski makes! obviously they're going to try and market their product.

The previously posted boots are nice but are almost ruined by the white sole. The upper definitely reminds me more of an Alden work boot than a red wing and that could be cordovan leather which is always pricey. Maybe that's why they retail for over $800. I'd like to see the brown ones, but to me, they should have gone with a more formal sole. My mustard virgils arrived and they are everything I could hope for in a boot. I got a pair of mastermind japan boots for around half the price I paid for the virgils and although I like the visvims more, the masterminds are comparable in quality, craftsmenship, etc. Someone asked if paying over $850 for a pair is worth it and I say no because there is no pair of shoes that can justify that price. When you reach this level of luxury there are always diminishing returns. Ultimately, although the quality is top notch and they look great, you are paying for the name and the peace of mind that you will probably never see anyone wearing your shit. If you have the disposable income I say pull the trigger regardless because they'll probably last you a lifetime...or until the obsession is focused somewhere else.

Just got my 7 holes today and can confirm that they fit a half size larger than tag size. I am about an 11.5 to 12 US and my size 11, 7 holes fit perfectly with even little room to spare.

Love them

D.

fuck! contemplating picking up a pair but i'm a size 8us. since they only come in whole sizes you guys think a 7 would be too small?