Visvim a/w09

dralfonzo

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In everyones opinion, is paying over $850 for a pair of virgils actually worth it?

My $.02. From the pics I've seen I think the design is top notch. I've seen people compare them to rw 9111's and although similar I think the virgils look way better. Lower profile toe box and slightly thinner sole give it a better look. Couple that with nicer materials and visvim craftsmanship I say yes if you can afford it.

In everyones opinion, is paying over $850 for a pair of virgils actually worth it?

Whch model is it? leather? suede? brown or black? you can probably find the black suede for about $700 i think. brown leather are more expensive. $850 is a "normal" price for these shoes, but you can probably get a better deal if you hunt for it.

This said, it can be tricky to find the exact model / size, so if you find it and can afford it, why not going for it?

Last shit I bought was from Feb. '07. Everything still holding up very well. Shoes and pack.

Loose buttons aren't an issue. I doubt anyone is using next level thread to sew on buttons. And if they fall off, easy enough to sew back on. Not a quality of construction issue in my eyes.

Prices are still eye-opening compared to when I last bought in '07.

ah i see, maybe im just not schooled enough on visvim to know how long it'll last, but when i got my fbt ancestors and noticed that somewhat foam looking sole, i figured it would end up cracking after some wear. Anyone see any added advantage to getting virgils in that kangaroo leather as opposed to that sweeeet suede?

P1000381_1.jpg

from 2010 spring/summer collection. Pic from SENSE mag.

Moreover, just heard the rumor that visvim will not produce the Ballistic series in their upcoming 2010-2011F/W collection and instead there will be a new series and models in their backpack/bag collection.

damn, i almost instantly like these more than virgils

http://hypebeast.com/2010/01/swarovski-crystallized-meets-12-tokyo-brands-visvim/

NO!!!!!

Why do people insist on adding shit to products? I mean, it's totally ridiculous to ruin a pair of Skagways (?) and Maliseet Folks by adding Swarovski crystals? Surely after a few wears if not just one wear, you'll end up losing most of them.

P1000381_1.jpg

from 2010 spring/summer collection. Pic from SENSE mag.

Moreover, just heard the rumor that visvim will not produce the Ballistic series in their upcoming 2010-2011F/W collection and instead there will be a new series and models in their backpack/bag collection.

i like these, but only about $450 like. $800+?!? fuggetaboutit.