Visvim a/w09

dralfonzo

Haven't Paclites almost doubled? You guys are right, over the past 2 seasons Vis has dramatically increased in price, fingers crossed it doesn't go up again.

Couldn't see myself buying much more if we have another price jump - add average proxy fees and you're looking at 600+ for a pair of FBTs.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think your missing the fact that the £/$ euro all dropped hugely against the yen the gbp dropped from like 210 to 120 in a month so that has a lot to do with the apparent price inc, if you look at the yen rrp of most items it hasnt grown hugely over the years certainly not the drastic increases your trying to make out currency has more to do with that. you also have to remember that cost price in japan is not like cost price in say europe

i think your missing the fact that the £/$ euro all dropped hugely against the yen the gbp dropped from like 210 to 120 in a month so that has a lot to do with the apparent price inc, if you look at the yen rrp of most items it hasnt grown hugely over the years certainly not the drastic increases your trying to make out currency has more to do with that. you also have to remember that cost price in japan is not like cost price in say europe

while all of this might be true, it's undoubtedly true that visvim pricing has gone absolutely apeshit.

in the paclites that gap is more evident, but i am pretty sure that retail on ballistic 20's about 3 years ago was something like 28k yen and not 40k like today and FBT's were around 20-25k or something.

This is a stupid question but is it possible to remove the waist straps on a Visvim ballistic backpack? I've been told it was, I know they are connected by Velcro in the middle but it doesn't seem possible to remove the fastening straps as they are all stitched on.

Yes, you can remove the waist strap. It's one big piece that goes through a kind of pass-through thing on the bag. This is on the ballistic 20s, at least. I've had 2 of those and took off the waist strap on both. I haven't had a 25L one so I don't know about that.

Akuma,

I'm doing everything in my power to not buy those.. I just got two pairs of Visvim a few weeks ago, i cannot possibly buy another pair but with Visvim i always feel like if i pass up a pair i like i may not get a chance to buy a pair that i want and actually be able to get for a long while.

This is a stupid question but is it possible to remove the waist straps on a Visvim ballistic backpack? I've been told it was, I know they are connected by Velcro in the middle but it doesn't seem possible to remove the fastening straps as they are all stitched on.

The waist attachment is two pieces

-removable wide strap that runs beneath the back-padding

-stabilizing strap that attaches to the wide strap

stabilizing strap can't be removed but you can tuck it back into the little slot in which the removable strap comes out of.

Akuma,

I'm doing everything in my power to not buy those.. I just got two pairs of Visvim a few weeks ago, i cannot possibly buy another pair but with Visvim i always feel like if i pass up a pair i like i may not get a chance to buy a pair that i want and actually be able to get for a long while.

Couldn't agree more. I passed up on some Kiefer No. 5's and FBT Ancestors a few years ago and to this day still regret it and am still actively searching. It sucks.

By the way, when are we going to see those fit pics of the Maliseets?

Has anyone heard anything more about the 7-hole '73-folk boots that are set to release later this year? From what I could tell from visvim's website they are running to a us12 this season. I need a size 12 in my life so any info would be great.

> > 7-HOLE '73-FOLK BLACK/BLACK,BLACK/GREY,BLACK/OLIVE,NATURAL/BEIGE,DK

> > BROWN/BEIG,?60900- 9B

via proxy they'd probably run around 70000-74000 yen.

Visvim's dropping 9As and a couple 9Bs this week, so I'd expect the 7-holes to be out next week or at the very latest wednesday of the week after that. They update their website every Tuesday with new releases.