Would you avoid a brand if you can't stand the name?

bobby alto

Browsing through different internet clothing sites I came to the conclusion that I absolutely cannot stand the name Perks and Mini. Something about that name annoys me so much that I won't even look at their clothing to see if I like it or not. This ever happened to any of you?

Quote:
Quote:

Ofcourse. I also avoid brands that are fronted by, and primarily worn by people that I cant stand.

--- Original message by ktothe on Feb 8, 2006 09:28 PM

agreed. ie.. hollister. death to hollister girls.

--- Original message by samsikle on Feb 8, 2006 09:32 PM

the thing i love is how hollister in California is also a city (not just 'hollister beach')... this city is full of mexican immigrants. their high school's mascot is the hay baler.

i was so confused when i was people wearing shirts that said hollister, at first i thought they came from that town. personally i want a hay baler shirt.

Quote:
Quote:

abercrombie and fitch

hollister

american eagle i feel dirty looking at their stores.

--- Original message by drofhiphopology on Feb 8, 2006 11:45 PM

in san jose that's alllllllll you see. asian kids wearing that junk left and right.

--- Original message by samsikle on Feb 9, 2006 12:12 AM

i think you guys are getting off-topic...i don't think he's talking about brands you don't like for whatever reason, he just says that would you wear a brand if you think the actual name is lame.

like, if i had a clothing company called 'faggy gear', you probably wouldn't fuck with it.

faggy gear is the shit.

anyways, just pretend its "PAM" instead of perks and mini if that helps...

in general though, i agree, i wouldn't wear shit if i really couldn't stand the brandname.

although i do have a jacket from queer aesthetic.

No Shirt. No Shoes. No Dice.

Learn it. Know it. Live it.

depends, if it had pictures of bundles of sticks and cigarettes, it could be the next hipster fashion in speaking out against sexual biases :P

OBEY

the idea was great with Andre has a posse--- but using the name for the sake of selling a clothing brand? i'm sorry, phenomenology was the shit, but mass marketing that shit is not the shit if you know what i mean.

Definitely. Even if a brand has a well crafted image, it can be ruined by a bad name.

Like someone asks what brand your new coat is. You say, "Oh, it's a Camel Nutsack." You get the idea. The shit might be hot, but then you think to yourself, why the fuck am I wearing a camel nutsack?

Quote: faggy gear is the shit

what about this:

http://www.fag.de/content/en/index.jsp?

"Welcome to FAG

Innovation in Motion

For more than 120 years, the Schaeffler Group with its brand FAG has been one of the leading manufacturers of precision rolling bearings for the automotive, mechanical engineering and aerospace industries."

Edited by Meth Huffer on Feb 9, 2006 at 08:53 PM

Quote:

depends, if it had pictures of bundles of sticks and cigarettes, it could be the next hipster fashion in speaking out against sexual biases :P

OBEY

the idea was great with Andre has a posse--- but using the name for the sake of selling a clothing brand? i'm sorry, phenomenology was the shit, but mass marketing that shit is not the shit if you know what i mean.

--- Original message by dystaind on Feb 9, 2006 06:35 AM

I feel exactly the same about the obey. I'll probably never wear it just because it makes his art look like a marketing ploy.