Jobs

tick_tock

junior in college, incoming summer analyst in ops at a well known investment bank in nyc. can't wait for the summer, gotta get the menswear wardrobe in order though, i've been slacking on the fashion front (in real life & posting on here, so the connection is apparent).

don't worry about the wardrobe, get those connections / contacts

I work for one of the more successful vintage-inspired Japanese denim companies. Perhaps you have heard of them. It's a sweet job. I can wear jeans at work, don't have to wait two months for my paycheck, have company-sponsored insurance and pension, and I work with cool people. I also have a five-minute commute by foot and can go home for lunch.

Right now I mostly translate but I'll be taking on more roles in the near future. I'd say it's a pretty sweet job. And unlike crummy ALT/eikaiwa jobs, there's actually room to advance, get raises, and all that good stuff.

Although I miss my kids and teachers from the ALT days, the only real downside to my new job is that I don't have copious free time for writing novels at my desk.

Edited by Kyle@TFH

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I work as an IT Technican for the management (CEO and the board of directors) at the second largest company in northern Europe. Making sure their video conferencing, home networks, computers, Ipads, cellphones, press conferences etc always works. Sometimes stressful but I love it since I like to have responsibilities.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I never thought about this properly, but maybe I'll apply in few months inside the company where I work as a Sales Advisor to move to their HeadOffice - could be a good way to put a feet in the backstage. Anyone did this, any tips?

• 3 weeks later...

im a receptionist/recreation assistant for a company called MWR.

i hate my job and it has nothing to do with what i was in school for before running out of funds.

my ideal job is anything in fashion especially buying/merchandising. im only 23 so we'll see how my future turns out

• 1 month later...