Jobs

tick_tock

thanks man. It's technically under banking at the firm, but it's not really. Credit structuring for infra/project finance at an international bank (not BB but not a boutique). Pay is good, should be modeling intensive and hopefully it'll be a good experience.

Edited by xerrox

Been doing freelance writing for Gizmodo/Popular Mechanics and grant writing for two local non-profits. On top of that started work as a technical writer at the university. Cool job for people who write well; basically work as the departmental literary agent, editing and expanding papers, writing your own acknowledgements, getting in contact with journals to see if they're interested in running your research, dealing with PR, etc.

Hoping to get more stuff in print over the next year.

^ similar but i am just a junior associate? i am in PWM actually with the general staff atm, assisting the main team when i can

just got offered a full-time position but i feel the salary is a bit low =\

i can't be complaining though i guess, but ~$36k (perhaps ~$25k post tax) is not sustainable... (i do have full benefits though) ffsss

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Currently working for the Dockers brand in San Francisco for their Men's Merchandising team. Basically at the bottom, learning the ropes of the biz. Looking to move down to LA though. Holla if you know of any opportunities down there!

• 2 weeks later...

Currently working for the Dockers brand in San Francisco for their Men's Merchandising team. Basically at the bottom, learning the ropes of the biz. Looking to move down to LA though. Holla if you know of any opportunities down there!

hook it up with a job in pd&s over there, I can't get to sit down with anybody to talk about landing an entry level position. also, holla at tony murray, guys really nice. has been trying to help me out. Also, fuck the loser romanian guy in chemicals and the new guy from nyc who worked at american eagle, they were both twats when i talked to them.

• 1 month later...

bsn in nursing working as a case manager in a large home care company in nyc. been there 5 years. nice hours, get to see random parts of the city. they paid for my grad school and case management certification too so that was nice.

I'm in my last year of school, and work at the library right now doing computer support. I am a business admin major concentrating in quantitative economics, and have no idea what job to go for after I graduate because I am not a big "businessy" person, so marketing/finance would not really fit my personality and sitting in a cubicle doing accounting/IT work my whole life would not be fulfilling. :wacko:

• 6 months later...

junior in college, incoming summer analyst in ops at a well known investment bank in nyc. can't wait for the summer, gotta get the menswear wardrobe in order though, i've been slacking on the fashion front (in real life & posting on here, so the connection is apparent).

its good so far but i know they're going to work us. the opportunities they present are amazing though, we're having lunch with the CFO of the organization (a multibillion dollar publicly traded company) on thursday...i just hope i can get his business card.

about to finish up fashion school in a week or so and for the first time i feel like i have nothing going on in my life since i won't have school to fall back on anymore. going through this nerve racking transitional period trying to figure out what happens next. don't even know where to beginning when it comes to finding a job.

junior in college, incoming summer analyst in ops at a well known investment bank in nyc. can't wait for the summer, gotta get the menswear wardrobe in order though, i've been slacking on the fashion front (in real life & posting on here, so the connection is apparent).

its good so far but i know they're going to work us. the opportunities they present are amazing though, we're having lunch with the CFO of the organization (a multibillion dollar publicly traded company) on thursday...i just hope i can get his business card.

well where is it?