Jobs

tick_tock

Got my units and taught at a Christian pre-school. Then did front-desk for an opthamologist(Lasik etc).

I'm going after Geology in school but I don't even know anymore, maybe I'll just make jeans or something to get cash.

• 2 months later...

zzz full time student.

anyone have pro tips on trying to work retail when you have no retail experience? i've dropped off a few resumes but every time I hear "Wait, do you have retail experience" . fuck no i dont, i worked at a library and for a congresswoman in high school.

your v. first retail job is hard to get, but after that it's easy. how old are you? just go into a store you wanna work at, ask to talk the manager, give them your resume and sell yourself. make sure you are polite, friendly and dressed appropriately for whatever kind of store it is. try to make an impression - that's all you can do.

Edited by conqueror

you're v. first retail job is hard to get, but after that it's easy. how old are you? just go into a store you wanna work at, ask to talk the manager, give them your resume and sell yourself. make sure you are polite, friendly and dressed appropriately for whatever kind of store it is. try to make an impression - that's all you can do.

i'm 20 and yeah I've gone into 2 stores so far and tried this. Guess I'll keep trying!

• 3 weeks later...

writing an application letter for a summer research programme at my university, it's barely going to pay my rent (you'll get $1.4k for 2 months of work) but hopefully it's fun. hopefully i'll get accepted to the department where i want to write my masters thesis/conduct my phd at (biopharmaceutics and pharmacogenomics). if i'm lucky i'm able to work at a real job at the same time (the medical products agency hopefully), but that's not going to happen

• 2 weeks later...

possibly (BIG time possibly) picking up a position as a production Co-ordinator for a new up-and-coming label. anyone have any thoughts, experience, wisdom, or advice to share?

A good place to gain experience in a bit more laid back environment as most start-ups and smaller/newer labels/companies are. Even better if you fit in with the culture of the label and support the ideas/products put forth by them.

Edited by mrchariybrown

• 2 weeks later...

I'm studying logistics at a college in Los Angeles.. Kind of unsure where to go with regards to my career after I graduate. Most companies are looking for people with experience in supply chain / operations management, something I don't have. Internship positions are hard to find as well. Over the last few years I've really gotten into fashion and am thinking about picking up sewing as a hobby/craft. Music is also a major hobby of mine.

Anyone stuck at similar crossroads before, care to lend me some guidance? Much appreciated.

Edited by anomolies

• 4 weeks later...

was interviewed for a part-time position at eli lilly today. it was my first "real" interview, so i probably screwed up. :(

Chin up mate, it won't be the last one that you fuck up, and you'll probably have done a lot better than you think you have. Good luck and I hope that you get it.

I'm studying logistics at a college in Los Angeles.. Kind of unsure where to go with regards to my career after I graduate. Most companies are looking for people with experience in supply chain / operations management, something I don't have. Internship positions are hard to find as well. Over the last few years I've really gotten into fashion and am thinking about picking up sewing as a hobby/craft. Music is also a major hobby of mine.

Anyone stuck at similar crossroads before, care to lend me some guidance? Much appreciated.

have you got LinkedIn and tried the internship pages there...

If there's nothing near you have you thought about moving away etc?

See if anyone has any contacts that you can use as well pal.

You can always do logistics for a fashion house. But I do know that alot of airlines are seeking people who have a degree in logistics for management positions.

Applying for a couple jobs and finally hearing back. Made it to the third and final round interview for a hedge fund software company based out of Boston. They offered to fly me out for an interview, which is extremely exciting considering they are a great company to work for and I would make a pretty penny. The problem that worries me is my goal was ultimately to stay in the SF Bay Area, working either in apparel or for a tech company out here. I have an interview pending with Levi's, but their HR hasn't gotten back to me to schedule one and all the while this other company is eager to interview me and get the ball rolling. I really wish Levi's would just setup a goddamn interview so I can talk to somebody and get a job, but I'm thinking since they're being slapdicks about it I may not hear anything for days/weeks. This puts me in a hard place, especially if I get an offer from the software company. I know the traditional thing to do is turn down the offer if I know deep down that I want to go into apparel, but theres a piece inside of me that worries that I will be unhappy working for an apparel giant. If I do get an offer at the software company, what is a courteous timeframe I can have to get back to the company with my decision? Also, the position at Levi's is within the product development and sourcing division.

Chin up mate, it won't be the last one that you fuck up, and you'll probably have done a lot better than you think you have. Good luck and I hope that you get it.

thanks for the kind words, but i think i fucked up. oh well, they're supposed to call me about it tomorrow

i'm studying logistics at a college in los angeles.. kind of unsure where to go with regards to my career after i graduate. most companies are looking for people with experience in supply chain / operations management, something i don't have. internship positions are hard to find as well. over the last few years i've really gotten into fashion and am thinking about picking up sewing as a hobby/craft. music is also a major hobby of mine.

anyone stuck at similar crossroads before, care to lend me some guidance? much appreciated.

I have....

Depends on what you want. LA is a major hub for logistics so an internship for a supply chain should come your way, but is it what you want?? I went from warehouse logistics to staff planning for big companies.

Friend and me decided to start a small webshop and let me figure out the logistics. Now I am helping start up webshops figure out theirs..

Great fun ... I won't get filthy rich but it pays the bills.

Edited by aso2004

• 1 month later...

The company I work for is looking for the following positions in Boston.

· VP of Technology/CTO

· Product Manager (IT project manager)

· UX Engineer

· (5+) Senior . NET Developers

If anyone can fulfill these PM me.

Let's both get this money, haaaanh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...