THIS PUT A SLIGHT DAMPER IN MY DAY.........4.5 month update on nudies......not good

M.O.A

perhaps it would make sence to write to nudie to request a design suggestion for repair. anyway, IMO the repair should be not too conspicuous - when i tried destroyed slim jims lately, i realized that repair patched in the balls area was the most attention grabbing detail of the jeans

Alien vs Predator, Freddie vs Jason, Nudie vs A.P.C.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sucks what happened. but i dunno i think its kind of hilarious in a way. not that theyre ripped but just the way it happened and those pics. i mean i can kinda imagine it, you're skating and bam theres big ass hole in the crotch area. but still, sorry to hear that.

Edited by nimo112 on Feb 8, 2006 at 07:33 PM

alexa ghetto stitched it up for me tonight, imjust gonna keep wearing em with some cross stitching for another month, wash em then repair them after i wash em as best i can. Its really not that big a deal. Like everyone said, adds character. I love stuff like this.

ill throw on some pics later tonight if i get a chance guys.

and i already made a post on mynudies....and ian im sorry...but i am a fanboy....lol

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

Quote:

that's more a case of 'don't skate with tight jeans'. i think only matt hensley was able to pull it off successfully.

Edited by giantreptile on Feb 8, 2006 at 02:18 PM

--- Original message by giantreptile on Feb 8, 2006 02:18 PM

i skate in tight jeans but either a. they have some stretch or b. they are 501s( like hensley). never had a crotch tear in levis!

Quote: i skate in tight jeans but either a. they have some stretch or b. they are 501s( like hensley). never had a crotch tear in levis!

you're really lucky, i cannot count how many pair of jeans i thrashed cause of skating. finaly got the lesson and i have now jeans i use stricly for skating (not that i skate much nowadays... getting old sucks).

about writing to Nudie to get a free pair, i'm almost sure it would work. when i was in high school, i used to make a hole in the air pocket of my Nike when i would get tired of them and then complain to footlocker and i always got a new pair. overall, i must have gotten like 10 pair over like 4 years by only paying the first one. i even sent back a winter jacket to Four Square saying it had shrunk (....) and they reimburse me....

whats the big deal? just have them fixed for a few bucks or do it yourself, maybe with nice contrasting orange thread like the on nudie uses?

seriously, there is nothing wrong with the jeans. they are not as thick as the DS, anyone can see that, and therefore you cant expect them to hold up as well. anyway, I think this is a good rip, it will look nice after you've fixed it.

dontcaretoomuchforcrap CANT SKATE!!

main problem i see is you'll lose about an inch of the circumference of one leg, perhaps even more.

sorry to be a party pooper but is the tailor going to reattach it so the seam is uneven or is he going to patch it?

Just can't see this ending well. It is bad luck because you had done a beautiful job wearing them in.

good luck

If loving denim is wrong i don't want to be right.

Edited by johninger on Feb 9, 2006 at 04:43 AM

The sucks hard, the problem I see is the loss of denim in that area. It is definately patchable, but a crotch patch on tight Nudies? I'm not thinking that will look so hot. On an old pair of salty Levis maybe, but not tight Nudies. Buy a new pair that ain't so tight. I am not a big fan of Nudie jeans anyway though.

from the nudie site

intensely worn...

Q: Dear Nudie crew, I have a pair of year old Flare Glenn jeans. I have worn them quite intensely, but now they have ripped from the crotch, apparently for no special reason. You say that you use only the best demin fabrics. The jeans shouldn't tear that easily, right? Sincerely, Marko

A: Hi as flare glenn is a "slimmer fit" the fabric does not "easily move" in the same way as loose fits, and as the right way to wear them is on the hips, low and hanging you get a "space" in the crotch that is under extreme friction, they can break after intensely wearing. The same thing happens if you scrape the fabric with a fine sandpaper or just move the fabric against a seam intensely, after a while the indigo fades out and the fabric gets thinner, this is all normal, and will happen to any denim fabric. You can repair them with a small patch of denim on the inside and use matching thread and a normal sewing machine.

doubt they do anything...

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

you did the right thing by not writing in. you would only sound like an idiot requesting a new pair of jeans. If you rip your jeans skating it's your fault, not the manufacturers. They don't guarantee their jeans against rips. What if you accidentally start your jeans on fire, should they give you a new pair because you fucked them up? No. I think they will be more unique now. Just do a good job and your jeans will be even more 'worn in' since they have ripped. Wear scars proudly.

here are some pics of them repaired. Thank god i can wear my jeans again, i know that it is ghetto but atleast i get to wear em for another month before i wash em

after misskixslf got ahold of em last night

nfo7tj.jpg

nfo9e8.jpg

nfoa4p.jpg

a couple more shots of how the jeans look overall, some of the shots make the jeans appear a bit blue but that is just because they were taken outside. the shot of the seat resembles color the most...accept for the fadining which is obviously lighter

nfo9vl.jpg

nfoaxs.jpg

nfochx.jpg

nfocqb.jpg

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net

yeah im going to re do it a bit but she doesnt have her sewing kit with her as its at her moms place about 2 hours away. She's gonna get it this wekend however and reinforce it so that it will be more durable...and def no more skating in these bad boys

F**K HYPE

solecollector.com

getlifted.net

overstand.net