Become a SuperMan: Commentary, critique and advise on YOUR style

skecr8r

Without making this too serious, and also to live up the board, I've started this thread. Real simple. You post a picture of what you are wearing and I'll do the above-three mentioned things.

It's not bulletproof advice or anything; it's merely fun and games. Risk-free and totally tested, a scandinavian extreme-supergeek run through your outfit and maybe provide you with pointers you've been looking for. You probably also want to say what you actually are looking for, your budget and your area/community.

Why not try?

DON'T YOU WANNA BE COOL

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. you did it for real. okay Im too lazy to take a new pic, heres some old ones. Rate me. bitch. Be harsh!!:

11po1.jpg

Its just my daily casual shit. I dont know what I should wear on a date for example/ so give me some pointers on dressing up but still keeping true to my supreme/nike/wtaps devotion! btw Im 6`1 and about 80kgs. kinda scrawny.

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Edited by MilSpex on Feb 9, 2006 at 02:05 AM

Edited by MilSpex on Feb 14, 2006 at 12:19 AM

Edited by MilSpex on Feb 14, 2006 at 12:20 AM

what on earth is a bermensch?

and why would it strike?

if i may- love the look milspex, day to day that shit is keen

but on a date with a girl who knows little about wtaps etc, i think she's gonna think you just wear sweats that are too big for you.

you might have to get some stuff that is more of a "traditional" fit. and i say lose the headover for the ladies.

otherwise, rockin it, one of my favorite styles on this board

and hap-at first didn't feel the big shoes with imperials, but its defintiely grown on me. same as the top button done up on the polos. like the look.

nairb49

Edited by nairb49 on Feb 9, 2006 at 05:58 AM

you want to know about suspenders huh, well if you want to wear suspenders with a suit you can't i repeat can't wear clip on suspenders it's akin to wearing a clip on tie (which is fine if your a police officer otherwise not cool) you'll need to get pants with the buttons for suspenders built-in and so shopping at some nicer mens stores to survey the available supply of button on suspenders. you should also know that if you wear suspenders you do not wear a belt

but please don't wear clip on suspenders with a suit

Quote:

^^

Verb -

Not to get off topic, but do you have any full body pics of wearing those Acne Max Cash's? I am really considering picking some up from Zozotown..........Thanks!

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Feb 10, 2006 07:26 PM

I'll try to throw some off tomorrow but it's nearly impossible for me to get a good pic of them due to poor lighting. They look fucking amazing, buy them for sure.

Quote:

Should I size up/down? I want them to fit like my Nudie Slim Jims........

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Feb 10, 2006 08:49 PM

pm me with a pic of how you wear your slim jims and I'll let you know what size - I sized up in my slim jims so they look a bit larger but I'm not sure how they look normally.

Quote:
Quote:

Milspex, love your steez, but most girls do not like going out all dressed up and having her date looking all street-bum.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Feb 9, 2006 07:18 AM

psh, ill go out with milspex anyday icon_smile_wink.gif oh but hap is breaking my heart in those suspenders

--- Original message by samsikle on Feb 10, 2006 09:00 PM

oh shit. hit me up next time your in tokyo and Ill definately get down there this time for a date with samsikle!!

I was thinkin shopping followed by late dinner at FujiMamas in harajuku followed by tokyo tower at night and karaoke. oh sweet!

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Haha, this is great.

Okay, Haptronic, you up first.

Whoa, Pete. You're obviously inspired by the rock thing and thats fine, if you indeed do live the rock lifestyle. Not talking about lousy-ass groupies you bang and touring with other loosers, but you should probably reflect yourself when wearing clothes that suggests a certain idea/way of life.

Yet, the entire look seems... Kinda made. It doesn't seem easy, casual. The shoes are fine. But CUFFING your jeans and wearing that kind of shoe.. Is wrong in so many ways. You need to at least respect the heritage of your footwear. Your jeans, also, are not that skinny. I don't get that. Either you do the full look or you don't. Dude, you're wearing suspenders: your balls should be crushed. Oh yeah, don't button your polos. That's really over the top. You have all the nice stuff, but it just seems so plastered and unpersonal.

And keep your back straight.

Nairb49.

Battle of the worlds, huh? Burberry polo, straightfitting blazer jacket, some sort of CARGO(?!) pants and really, really dusted shoes. I would seriously throw them out. Get some nice, easy going, non-sneaker, leather shoe. Low sole, not pointed or anything in that matter. Get a pair of slimmer jeans, but boy don't you DARE tugging up one leg. It's horrible. You have plenty of sneakers I can see, so try to make them work. I don't know if you're a logoish guy, but burberry pattern is kindof... scrub. That is personal, though.

Simplify the look and get a real silhouette. The one you have is waaay too messed and undefined. Your look surely has potential.

MilSpex. That is some evil shit. Honestly, I'm not all down with the brands you wear, mainly because I don't know so much about them, but the first look is ill. Really, really ill.

When dating it's like, you need to evoke yourself, not some sort of style or anything. This is like the most obvious thing on earth, but I think you should stick with something in the first look. I would try to wear the jeans a bit higher, to add some formality. Do not wear extremely oversized t-shirts either, you need to show your body and use it as an instrument, know I'm saying? You need to make sure you wear something YOU consider extremely nice, all clothes are bland unless worn with selfconfidence.

How do you feel about accesories? I'd definitely recommend you getting bracelets, necklaces etc. to shine up the look. It would work so well.

Carl. Simple! Yet diamonds... Diamonds? I don't like them. Way too preppy. I like the simplicity, but yet, it can get a bit boring. You should probably accesorize yourself. Scarves would be good. Don't pull your sweater over your belt.

Verb. Ill. Very international, very scandinavian, very straightforward and very clean. Beautiful jacket. Is it Nice Collective? It looks like one a friend of mine recently got. The tie.. Unless you are going out; I honestly don't find ties attractive at all on younger men. Dress your age!

I know, this is not all good advice, but it's hard when people just post a picture. I could always edit a look to fit my liking, but I rather try to find stuff you could wear etc. If possible. :)

DON'T YOU WANNA BE COOL