Walter Van Beirendonck

minou

oh shit i take that back.

anyway, because he's a veteran?

yeah, but is he really like THAT GOOD to teach at one of the best schools (i think)? i'll be the first to admit i know nothing about construction and stuff, so he very well might be. i just get the impression that its like apprentice > master concept when it comes to this stuff

Well, if you ever see some of the Beirendonck stuff in person, you'll notice that despite how outrageous and costume-y some of it is, it's ridiculously well-made. Even the tees have some really high quality construction and printing. If anything, he's the originator of frute swagz and people respect how long he's been doing this and how he's managed to keep doing exactly what he wants to do. Even if it's not very sellable (although it does still sell), people enjoy seeing his stuff in person and trying it on because it's so ridiculously fun.

gbc, i've never gotten to see his works irl and i wish i did and wish i owned some of his stuff. plus, i never see his crazy ass sweaters online, its mainly just prints. so i have no idea, where to actually source for one.

gbc, i've never gotten to see his works irl and i wish i did and wish i owned some of his stuff. plus, i never see his crazy ass sweaters online, its mainly just prints. so i have no idea, where to actually source for one.

I am your proxy for all your Beirendonck needs.

Where did he find so many people that looked like himself?

They flew in "bears" from all over the world for the show. The dudes were funny, smiling and walking like real human beings not models. Show was the shit. Walter is relevant because he basically invented frute swagz and is cleverly inserting self-referential comments, making his work a WvB a narrative as much as a bunch of clothes. Guy Bourdin and Helmut Newton really drove the "narrative" aspect of fashion photography but not that many people manage to insert that stuff in collections, which is why Antwerp 6 are teh sex0r. And he makes christmas red/green sweaters of himself with his dick hanging out in atari graphics; what's not to love!!??

i've always enjoyed WvB's women's lines much more, my ex girlfriend use to wear a lot, and they really look great on slim women.

that being said, i hate when designers such as adam kimmel and van beirendonck for example, use "real" men for their runway shows or photoshoots, since it then becomes really hard to imagine how it will fit on you (assuming most people who wear these clothes are skinny), especially when looking at frute swag clothes...

there is a reason why you never see any "real" women showcasing any luxury brands (not made for fat ppl)

I'm disappointed there hasn't been a kunk joke yet