Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

• 3 weeks later...

Feel as they can thank a lot of the attention they are receiving is due to their styling and the Made In New York tag. Still, not to denounce them, I will kop a lot and sing praises if I fall in love when S/S hits the shelves.

Their shoes for this collection are sick, they worked with a color palette I think a lot of us here like, and I found myself loving multiple individual pieces definitely.

1R9mmYk.jpg

Leather sleeve, straight cut bottom blazer/jacket was sick as fuck.

AZzzsuD.jpg

This is going to be a lot more than most people should attempt, but I love the lines of the coat, the red denim jacket (though maybe not popping the collar as shown, and I like the scarves with wide brim hats. I kind of want to try out wide brim hats in general.

a801i9e.jpg

Is anyone surprised that I love this? Fucking sick MA-1.

GQ, despite being an awful source of advice, does do a great job of getting images up of the fashion shows.

Their shoes for this collection are sick, they worked with a color palette I think a lot of us here like, and I found myself loving multiple individual pieces definitely.

Is anyone surprised that I love this? Fucking sick MA-1.

GQ, despite being an awful source of advice, does do a great job of getting images up of the fashion shows.

Really only feeling the Leather vest to wear under jackets and the MA-1 in blue.

public-school-new-york-fashion-week-fall-2013-05.jpgpublic-school-new-york-fashion-week-fall-2013-02.jpg

Edited by Desi

1R9mmYk.jpg

Leather sleeve, straight cut bottom blazer/jacket was sick as fuck.

damn the blazer with the leather sleeves is dope

• 3 weeks later...

So I understand that the Flyknits are well liked by the community. They get a lot of love in WAYWT, Nike thread, etc. However, I haven't seen people discussing that this is an incredible technological feat that has the potential to turn at least a portion of Nike's business away from manufacturing their shoes in unethical conditions. As the flyknits are manufactured by machines, there are no humans to be exploited in the process. It also fits in with Phil Knight's often repeated idea that Americans (which could and should be expanded to humans in general) don't want to make Nike shoes. Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

With all of the shit talk about SLP, I wonder what everyone was expecting of Slimane. So easy to criticize, but there hasn't been one shred of opinion in regards to what direction Hedi should've went in his attempt to revitalize his career.

I think all of the hate is interesting. That's all.

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes when I'm thinking about something I want I can waste quite a bit of time thinking up some perfect piece of clothing that probably doesn't exist but is nonetheless fun to dream up.

I don't have any actual design or tailoring skills or training but I envisaged a matte black silk bomber with the internal rucksack elements of 'that' Final Home jacket and I think I might try to make it.

Anyone else have anything dream items that have been going around their head but probably don't exist (or aren't as nice as you imagined them)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am curious how much I can sell of what I own.

The buy less buy better mindset has taken hold of me but buying clothes for work is dragging me down.