Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

Kim Jones Dunhill > Kim Jones Vuitton

But I wholeheartedly encourage the Dries. Nice thing is that any given Dries collection can pretty much take you from running to the grocery store to a black tie gala affair and everything in between.

Kim Jones Dunhill > Kim Jones Vuitton

yeah that's true. maybe i'm just being taken in by the styling. i wonder if marc was over his shoulder like "moar logos! moar weird shoes!"

need this harrington tho. if only for that zipper

00160m.jpg

hedi made dior homme in his own image so i suspect he'd do the same anywhere else he went. to me it seems like an even better fir than dior - darker, still with the tailoring emphasis, etc. givenchy could always up their manufacturing game if they wanted to. it's still lvmh, i'd be surprised if he didn't have access to the same or comparable facilities

These posts really crack me up.

"An athletic man, or whatever you want to call him, will only look good in a very classic suit, a pair of classic jeans, athletic clothes or simply naked. Forget fashion. This is not going to happen, unless you want to look like a Chippendales dancer in designer clothes." -- Hedi Slimane

That is your answer. You are simply not meant for schoolboy oxford shirts made for tiny guys with little muscle mass--you are not Jason Schwartzman.

Buying clothes for the sake of buying clothes that fit for an athletic man should not be difficult at all. You can walk into most department stores and shops in America and Europe and have no problem finding classic clothing that simply fills the need for a shirt, a suit, whatever. I don't understand why some people take extra lengths to try and make certain brands "work" for them when it was obviously not created with them in mind.

So for you it’s more about working on your physique than worrying about what to wear?

"Changing your body is so much more hardcore. The extreme sensation of working out has replaced the mosh pits of my earlier years and the sex clubs for years after that. It’s a great combo of discipline, joyous release, meditation, and vanity. Music never sounded as good as it does now, pounding through those earbud headphones into the pit of my stomach as I feel my muscles swell." -- Rick Owens

i get what you're getting at, vampy, but there's plenty of good stuff out there that will fit athletic men. not the least of which is RO. you could help out the dude you quoted instead of shooting him down and telling him to look around department stores. most of those shirts in the dept store probably fit as poorly on athletic men as they do on hedi models.

yeah i'm well aware of the rick owens interview bit

i agree with your point

but

that mental image of a Chippendales dancer in designer clothes really fucked with my head

i'll be nicer next time ;)