Guest jmatsu

Superfashion randoms thoughts

You'll never stop people from wearing fur but you can always stop yourself. I would never wear fur and I don't like to associate with people who do. It's just another group of people I don't like such as fascist, people with bo, and manchester utd fans.

liverpoooooooooooooool

but lumping child abusers in with those who kill animals is effectively on the same level as reducto ad Hitlerum. I agree that it's inhumane, but then again, when were animals ever human? By the same token, I don't wear fur, don't want to wear fur, never will. Like polish said, you can't stop others, but you surely can stop yourself and furthermore, keep your opinion to yourself.

Are you City then? Errrm I think this thread is about fashion not about ethics so I'll get my (not fur) coat..

Beat me to it jeepster. Amen boss. On a side note I would wear fur which is over 40 years old. I am a bad person...and so hypocritical.

Is there a hierarchy of awful things going on in the world?

Within the bounds of subjectivity, sorta, yeah.

Who's subjectivity? Mine, yours or the victim's?

I think you're drunk!

but then again, it's pointless to try and convince someone to just stop believing in something, so while I don't disagree with your protesting, I'd like to point out how pointless it is.

Yeah I agree. Its not that people arent educated about it. I get too emotional about stuff. :rolleyes:

anyone got any recommendations on places i can get more information about Savile Row ie. books, websites, videos, etc.?

specifically information about the tailors besides what Wikipedia has given me.

thanks

go to Carnaby Street

find the oldest mod you can

bother them until they divulge their history

then buy them a pint for their information.

neil barrett is the fucking worst

So yes, it sucks that these animals die in such unfortunate and brutal ways, but it's become par the course of materialism which trumps most if not all things in the 21st century, even ideology and idealism.

word.

I don't have moral qualms about wearing leather

so I don't have problems with wearing fur.

chuckster, someone will give me a fur coat, but i dont like how its made and I can get someone to change it for me. So instead of throwing the skin of an animal away, I'm recycling it.

I love meat, chicken, fish, leather and fur. I don't have any problems with eating or wearing that.

anyone got any recommendations on places i can get more information about Savile Row ie. books, websites, videos, etc.?

specifically information about the tailors besides what Wikipedia has given me.

thanks

BBC had a 3 part documentary on about Saville Row ,it was quite good. There ya go :http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1737236634977357204&ei=zbX2SumnL47A-AbJqO3-Dw&q=saville+row+bbc+documentary+&hl=de#

also check www.modculture.co.uk in the forum there is a tailoring section.

Mods in London hang out at Cafe Italia :)

not bad, for a dude in a dress twirling around

this was sarcasm, btw

anyone have an idea where to get the suede pull tags on this bag are? always thought they looked dope

10317-1-300.jpg

can't find a better jpg, click http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Accessories/Gregory-Tailmate-Small-/invt/grg0009red?cm_mmc=AWIN-_-32880-_-Feedlink-_-Generic&CMP=AFC-AW&attr=32880 & check the third photo)

BurLNDjae1_2Web.jpg

where to find boots like these - I'd like keywords more than anything, cause "combat boots" is way too general a search.

I'm super interested in a pair of Canadian Combat Boots

CANCBU2_2.jpg

ala these^

but I can't seem to source them in a size 14

anyone care to help?

neil barrett is the fucking worst

he wasn't always. his a/w 03 + s/s 04 weren't bad at all. it seems as if his approach to the medium is similar to well, think if patrizio bertelli was a menswear designer.