Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

my gf came back with House of DVF to show it to me cos she knew I was gonna "like" (understand hate) it. This is full of shit and shows the sad truth about all these girls going to FIT or Parsons, its really sad to see that 95% of them are so narrow minded and want to work in the business while thinking blogging & shopping instead of business.

I thought it could go in that post or "shit you hate" but its only revealing the typical mindset of the wannabe-in.

Edited by Mr.Sander

not sure if this belongs in supertrash or here, but as much as I appreciate clothing gifts during the merry season, birthdays, and other occasions, I've got way too much mandarin collared shirts and batik shirts than I'd care to wear.

Doesn't help that most of em have this formal vibe reserved for special occasions, which honestly doesn't happen often + over the top colour schemes. Think bright orange, gold and red.

Edited by FatCook

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What the fuck is up with brands like Represent Clothing, ADYN, Nid De Guepes and Fear of God doing? 

Literally all their collections are the same, striped t-shirt/longsleeves, extended bomber jackets, regular bomber jackets with the cinched sleeve detailing, etc. 

It's not even like a blantant rip-off, it's exactly the same item. I get the look that each brand is tailoring to, but the fact that all 4 collections dropped with the same shit is somewhat disturbing.

What gives?

Falling in love with runway looks is dangerous because all it makes me want to do is purchase the pieces from the look, but then my 'fashion integrity' is gone because I will essentially turn into a walking advertisement.

Then you try to make the key item from the look your own by doing something different with it but deep inside you still know it doesn't look as cool as that runway fit. Hmm.

i really want to get my feet wet in some dries, but i don't know where to start.

outerwear or shirts (maybe pants)? 

also, there's a raf / sterling navy camo parka on sale that i'm on the fence about. 

still reluctant to try something new i guess

Do you like flowers?
Edited by TBFieulaine

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

pastel goths, seapunk, social justice, new retrowave

Yeah. It kind of feels like a dilution of that thing that some art school kids do where they just wear as much revolting, loud shit as possible.

^i dont really browse tumblr but im p sure it was sparked by raf stans?????? seems recent enough

nah that's a consequence

• 2 weeks later...

So just found out that Hender Schemes have an Industrial Arts line which is the premium line of the Manual Industrial Product.

So popular sneakers have a premium homage which has an ever more premium homage.

hender_scheme---industrial_arts_products

that sole detail tho

• 3 months later...

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/06/business/american-apparel-files-for-bankruptcy.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

not surprising at all, but i still have some fond memories (and bad ones) of my 3 years working there.

I'm quite enjoying all of the reactions I have been seeing to this

you would think the world was ending for most 18 to early 20s "fashion enthusiasts"

• 2 months later...

I used to be into fashion. Now I just try to find goods second hand that are made in humane ways. 

People use clothing as a way to divide themselves from one another for the sake of being unique.

Now I am into what cannot be seen. 

Every day I further my spiritual progression and fashion has nothing to do with it.

Although some hold turquoise and other minerals in high regards.

Be yourself, an evolved organism of definable substances fueled by light. 

Edited by stayhandsome

People use clothing as a way to divide themselves from one another for the sake of being unique.

Now I am into what cannot be seen. 

Every day I further my spiritual progression and fashion has nothing to do with it.

Although some hold turquoise and other minerals in high regards.

Be yourself, an evolved organism of definable substances fueled by light. 

While I don't completely disagree, you can't jump to conclusions as if you've "figured everything out". People use clothing to embrace their heritage, to defy others (rebellion), to seek acceptance, for personal well-being, because they are generally interested in the process or design, to bridge gaps among other cultures, to create an identity, etc etc- it all boils down to unique experiences that individuals or groups share. Just because you believe it is used to divide does not at all mean that is universally true.

Many people are into the non-material things, particularly those that make you spiritually enriched. Who's to say you cannot do both, there are material and immaterial things in this world.

IDK where you were going with the turquoise and minerals bit (lol) but that falls in line with the material vs immaterial argument, to which there is nothing wrong with embracing both. Good for you that you can find spiritual enrichment without taking interest in objects.

Also- you are clearly identifying with a particular subculture with your tattoos, your type of dress, etc. There is no particular way you can have no material identity and not let it shape who you are. Just because you buy second hand goods does not mean you are a good person or mindful of others, the environment, etc. 

Where I agree with you- obviously people often prioritize the material world over things like relationships or how your personality defines you. There are several people I can think of who leverage material possession for "spiritual" enrichment. You can really see the fallacy that material things buys happiness falls short. It's pretty obvious to the majority, but if you're just figuring that out now that's fine as well...

Edited by Fycus

While I don't completely disagree, you can't jump to conclusions as if you've "figured everything out". People use clothing to embrace their heritage, to defy others (rebellion), to seek acceptance, for personal well-being, because they are generally interested in the process or design, to bridge gaps among other cultures, to create an identity, etc etc- it all boils down to unique experiences that individuals or groups share. Just because you believe it is used to divide does not at all mean that is universally true.

Many people are into the non-material things, particularly those that make you spiritually enriched. Who's to say you cannot do both, there are material and immaterial things in this world.

IDK where you were going with the turquoise and minerals bit (lol) but that falls in line with the material vs immaterial argument, to which there is nothing wrong with embracing both. Good for you that you can find spiritual enrichment without taking interest in objects.

Also- you are clearly identifying with a particular subculture with your tattoos, your type of dress, etc. There is no particular way you can have no material identity and not let it shape who you are. Just because you buy second hand goods does not mean you are a good person or mindful of others, the environment, etc. 

Where I agree with you- obviously people often prioritize the material world over things like relationships or how your personality defines you. There are several people I can think of who leverage material possession for "spiritual" enrichment. You can really see the fallacy that material things buys happiness falls short. It's pretty obvious to the majority, but if you're just figuring that out now that's fine as well...

Heritage, rebellion, seeking acceptance are all experiences of self. As long as people think about what they are wearing beyond utility and function it is wasted exertion. My first job was at a chemical plant in Detroit when I was 17 which is where I got my look. Then I got a job as holiday help in fashion, turned visual merchandiser, travelled as an area manager, figured things out. Everything I am wearing was free from jobs except the boots, purchased by a military base, all produced domestically. Not of it matters to me as long as it doesn't tread on the environment.

Now you might live on a harmonious pitch, but what I see on a daily basis is a generally unconnected society. Even worse when you consider the grave danger we might be in as a whole. And rather than connect as people, we choose to identify with heritage to strengthen our divide. Our rebellion is a rebellion of a rebellions rebellion. Seeking acceptance from people seeking acceptance from people seeking acceptance. All bottomless cycles without result. All products of an unconnected self. 

While overall I'm not sure what you are getting at or asking but a new heritage is what I seek. The people that I used to convene with on this message board seemed at the edge of the tip and I'm sure you still are. But I look on here and see not a single new idea, nothing rebellious being discussed, no new identities being formed. Maybe there's not enough turquoise posts. Maybe we should all get into geography, take gem trips and become mineral heads. Maybe the essential oil for creativity is lacking on most peoples vanity. 

• 5 months later...

hey guys, not sure if this is the correct thread to post this but what are these sneakers and where can i buy them?

http://aimeleondore.com/wp-content/themes/starkers-master/stl/09-min.jpg

http://aimeleondore.com/wp-content/themes/starkers-master/stl/12-min.jpg

i know their nike air max

Edited by miracleboy31