Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

i live in a tiny town and work at american apparel. a dude who looked about 50 came into today with a walking stick, a mohawk and DBSS studded sneaks. i don't normally talk to dudes about clothes (i doubt anyone in my city would even know what DBSS is), but i said something like 'awesome diet butcher sneaks' and he was amazed that i knew what they were. we talked for a few mins and he said he just bought them on a tokyo trip. mentioned he got some julius stuff, too. its weird but it was such an awesome conversation with a total stranger. never thought i would see someone rocking DBSS in adelaide. he bought five plain black tees.

Haider Ackermann’s First and Last Menswear Line

Haider Ackermann revealed that his first menswear collection will be his last.

"The decision to present a one-season collection was a creative decision," said Anne Chapelle, owner and CEO of BVBA 32, the Antwerp-based company that operates and produces both Haider Ackermann’s and Ann Demeulemeester's collections. Ackermann’s dazzling menswear line was exhibited in Florence in June and was picked up by international boutiques as well as Barneys in New York. This is truly unfortunate for us guys, to gain and lose a designer with such imaginative vision so quickly. This great vision was also recognized by the great Karl Lagerfeld, who would select Ackermann as his current successor at Chanel. Ackermann’s only menswear collection will be released in the new year!

source

"Celebrating the breathtaking imagination and groundbreaking designs of Lee Alexander McQueen, the latest fashion film by Nick Knight pays tribute to McQueen's sensational creations, stellar career, and most importantly to the man himself. This fashion film tribute, titled 'To Lee, With Love, Nick', will be showcased at the British Fashion Awards and online at SHOWstudio.com tomorrow evening.

Directed by Nick Knight and set to an exclusive soundtrack by Björk, this one-off film features a painstakingly curated selection of landmark McQueen pieces drawn from his sixteen-year career. A tribute to the burning creativity of a designer who undoubtedly ranks as the greatest of his generation, this fashion film is breathtaking, mesmerising and utterly unique - just like McQueen himself. "

http://showstudio.com/blog/47780

for all the product enthusiasts and nerds:

This video is amazing. Having worked with dye houses recently, take my word for it that is a fucking nightmare. Dying is absolutely an art. Its awesome to see how serious they take it and how dedicated they are.

Fuck, I'm jealous.

interesting the vid focused on the dyes and none of the cut/sew production, i imagine if consumers actually saw any of it they'd run away.

I think it makes perfect sense that they focused on dying rather than factory production. It allows them to showcase the research and development that goes into their garments. In my mind the value of every SI garment has just gone up.

You've probably seen production, its fucking boring, its repetitive and by the time a garment reaches production the R&D is generally over.