Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

for all the product enthusiasts and nerds:

interesting the vid focused on the dyes and none of the cut/sew production, i imagine if consumers actually saw any of it they'd run away

btw, anyone know how the cash flows in editorials? obv differs from one magazine to another but lets say the NYT runs a winter editorial with all prada clothes... prada paid for the spot, yeah? advertising, dig??

Alexandre/Cloak Revival:

Alexandre Plokhov, who shuttered his acclaimed New York-based menswear label Cloak a few years ago, will launch a new signature menswear label during Paris men's week this January. Plokhov won the 2005 CFDA Swarovski Perry Ellis Award for Menswear, was the runner-up in the 2004 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund award, and was featured in the 2005 fashion documentary Seamless. He shuttered his label in 2006 due to "partnership issues," according to a statement at the time from his publicist.

racked.com from WWD.

Alexandre/Cloak Revival:

racked.com from WWD.

oh shit. I now know what to attend for sure in January, man.

saw marc mcnairy at the pop up flea today, and pressed him to see when he'd start making my shoe size. i think he was a litle uncomfortable because i towered over him, but the good news is he will make size 15 within 3 months.

in 3 months I assume you will be knocking on his door with a chain wrapped around your knuckles?

no hate, just love how what you wrote sounds like "he WILL make size 15 within 3 months...if he's smart".

haha, i'm a pretty massive guy so i did feel a little like a goon based on his body language. didn't mean to. i should have pointed at him and finished it with "i'll see you in ninety days".

I just pictured a huge dude doing this to him, and then just eating his cigarette butt and walking away with smoke coming out of his mouth and nose. Meanwhile marc mcnairy is like frantically sketching a giant shoe on two pieces of 8x11 laid side by side.

saw marc mcnairy at the pop up flea today, and pressed him to see when he'd start making my shoe size. i think he was a litle uncomfortable because i towered over him, but the good news is he will make size 15 within 3 months.

so how tiny is he?

smaller than thom browne?

boots and sunglasses are cool.

can anybody help me? i'm looking for pictures (random shots, editorials, etc) with people wearing knitted clothes.

rodarte (in that type) jawns, knit-covered household items, old pictures (40+ year old) of people wearing knits. a picture of a whole family sitting at a table wearing the same knitted jumpers would be great

and also looking for scans of the double spread that appeared in the Feb 03 edition of Vogue Paris titled "Gang Lang" (about helmut lang, obviously)

edit: editorials with knits form Junya watanabe fall 2006 would be highly appreciated too :)