Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

listen to me when i say this to you because i'm trying to help you. In order to buy all the equipment, all the materials and learn all the necessary skills to make a leather jacket with similar quality to rick owens you would likely spend at the very least double what a rick jacket costs and very likely much much more.

That being said I wish you nothing but the best in your endeavour. I'm just warning you that its a lot more complex and involved than you might imagine.

thanks for responding. yeah i understand but i'd like to get an idea what i'm dealing with. aside from the actualy jacket materials what else do i need besides a good sewing machine? maybe that shows exactly how naive i am, but i'm interested in learning more becuase i really want to do this, and if not the leather jacket at least t shirts and hoodies

thanks for responding. yeah i understand but i'd like to get an idea what i'm dealing with. aside from the actualy jacket materials what else do i need besides a good sewing machine? maybe that shows exactly how naive i am, but i'm interested in learning more becuase i really want to do this, and if not the leather jacket at least t shirts and hoodies

just spend 5 mins to google some sewing tutorials and start a project first. if you were serious enough you'd have done this already, rather than speculating about how hard it would be.

any one have any goods documentaries about japanese fashion, both street and high

edit other than the storm videos vamp posted the other day, but similar style would be great

if you have access to NHK World News, they air a program called "Tokyo Fashion Express" in english

You can sift through their archive to see a sampling of their breadth of coverage

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a large number of clips up on youtube, except for the somewhat interesting one below.

short piece on leather bag-maker, cornelian taurus :

I have seen torrents ( shhh don't link :o ) floating online .. never dl'd though

just spend 5 mins to google some sewing tutorials and start a project first. if you were serious enough you'd have done this already, rather than speculating about how hard it would be.

Thanks, I've done this. But making a t shirt with a hand me down sewing machine ( which i've done), isn't the same as having a machine capable of sewing heavy leather similar to RO style. I ask because you can't google "how to sew a jacket like rick owens" that's why i'm asking here.

if you have access to NHK World News, they air a program called "Tokyo Fashion Express" in english

You can sift through their archive to see a sampling of their breadth of coverage

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a large number of clips up on youtube, except for the somewhat interesting one below.

short piece on leather bag-maker, cornelian taurus :

I have seen torrents ( shhh don't link :o ) floating online .. never dl'd though

thanks brosif

High Street seems to be going all military this season, cheap Burberry and the like, especially those women's flight jackets. I assume the camo is a natural extension of that overriding mood. Although to be honest camo and military is always in, you could rock a fishtail parka anytime when it is cold and look good.

High Street seems to be going all military this season, cheap Burberry and the like, especially those women's flight jackets. I assume the camo is a natural extension of that overriding mood. Although to be honest camo and military is always in, you could rock a fishtail parka anytime when it is cold and look good.