Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

Fuck why is it so impossible to get Juun.J jackets in size 44 now... couldn't throw down at retail back in s/s 09 when Seven had pretty much every piece in 44, and now that I can, Seven doesn't even bother to get that size anymore?!

And wtf? Actually in Singapore only bought shirts, knits, and pants. The hell?

Posted · Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by High Monika, February 28, 2012 - No reason given

Shoulders, sleeve, and torso look good. Only problem I see is blousing below where it widens for the hips just after your lats. I'd get that slimmed.

If I'm being nitpicky maybe the sleeves are a little short but not really.

Rick Owens on heels for men, his choice in models, and his favorite opera, Richard Strauss' Salome

I’ve always proposed heels for men. I don’t mean them as feminizing, but more as a Kiss, heavy-metal kind of thing. It’s gender bending, but it’s like Marlene Dietrich wearing men’s suits to exaggerate her femininity. When Kiss wore heels, it was meant to challenge—“just try to call me feminine, motherfucker, I’ll kick your ass.”

In retrospect, my favorite male models are the opposite of me. I’ve made myself quite muscular and fit into a certain stereotype, but I imagine my male model as this translucent jellyfish of a man who is totally unfuckable

It’s basically a lurid story of a fifteen-year-old girl, stripping for her dad so that he would let her have her way with the preacher, and satisfy her dirty lust for him, beheading him, and then kissing his severed head—it’s just too delicious!

...and through all the absurdity he still comes across as a down to earth guy
I know that there’s been a lot of talk of how other designers have been copying me, and it’s really flattering, but I wouldn’t exist without Yohji Yamamoto or Anne Demeulemeester either. We all went through Kurt Cobain. Clothes are a combination of touchstones that we all recognize. I’ve just arranged them in my own personal way, but those touchstones are things that a whole generation recognizes. Other designers are rearranging them, too
I love it.

The whole interview can be found here

why aren't there more affordable slim cropped chinos/cords out there?

because to the rest of the world, a slim cropped chino is a women's capri pant

I bought a pair of tan cropped harem pants but I haven't found a way to wear them where I do not look like Aladdin :(

wear them with heels

Aladdin does not wear heels.

or maybe he did. when he went through his mother's closet

whats the next trend after the americana?

i think the whole americana (perhaps preppy/casul as well) trend/look will last a little bit longer than some of the past trends just because the economy is hitting people and people are toning down their lifestyle as well as their wardrobe.

thoughts on whats hot in 2011-2012?

I'm happy to know that 7NY bought pieces from Katie Gallagher's fall 2010 collection.

not that I think she does really crazy good clothes, but it's always fun to see that stores (that arent really small) are supporting local/emerging/small designers.

now I want to see more Thomas Tait.

good documentary here... called "STORM I JAPAN"

lots of big names of various japanese brands/streetwear throughout the 4 part video..

http://www.dr.dk/pirattv/klip/storm-i-japan-1

http://www.dr.dk/pirattv/klip/storm-i-japan-2

http://www.dr.dk/pirattv/klip/storm-i-japan-3

http://www.dr.dk/pirattv/klip/storm-i-japan-4