Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

are there any relevant or interesting canadian designers (i ask because i'm going to have to write an essay on one)?

is rad hourani considered a canadian designer? I understand he did hich school in montreal but moved to paris before designing his first collection.

Will i be fine writing about any designer with a canadian citizenship? ugh...canadian fashion

:S

are there any relevant or interesting canadian designers (i ask because i'm going to have to write an essay on one)?

is rad hourani considered a canadian designer? I understand he did hich school in montreal but moved to paris before designing his first collection.

Will i be fine writing about any designer with a canadian citizenship? ugh...canadian fashion

:S

d squared DUH

i don't know.. relevant? i think joe fresh(superstore brand) is relevant since they are trying to compete with club monaco type brands and its pretty much the same quality for 1/5 the price. true fast fashion. it would be like writing about H&M but H&M is kind of relevant in the grand scheme of things.

i dunno what i meant by relevent really. is there anything GOOD? heh, i dont think so, but i can't exactly put that in an essay

no, nothing good. write about rad. or write about the superstore brand joe fresh. there is no in between (dsquared)

Rad isn't from here. Never heard about Dana Lee before, but it looks good.

There's complexgeometries (Clayton Evans, who's from montreal but moved to LA) that I really like, Jeremy Laing (from Toronto), Wings + Horns, Philippe Dubuc (menswear), Denis Gagnon (womenswear), Harakiri (a jewelry designer), Dane Richards....

katie eary anyone? yes? no?

Cool? Yes. Wearable? Generally not, I don't know how much steez you have so it could end up being awesome, but the stuff would be HARD to pull off. Some of the more basic pieces like the tees can be good, but how much is worth wearing seems to vary wildly from season to season.

I could see myself wearing those organ tees, maybe the shiny black pants from SS10, possibly the red jacket from last season if it was a brave day. This is all IMO of course.

My friend was looking for a pair of black jeans in Levis so I created the 'ultimate levis' outfit of things straight off the mannequins in the shop to try on for laughs (i had been wearing my drop-crotch cropped Fifth Avenue Shoe Repair pants with my oversized navy techno Raf hoody for context) and I'm scared at how well it fit / felt. I'm seriously tempted to go back and buy this one pair of pretty nicely pre-distressed 511s (also because I think my Cheap Mondays are literally beyond repair).