Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

I kinda already knew this from the girls that shop in my area, but looking at stockholmstreetstyle just now made me wonder why almost every girl only shops cheap shit. Guys are like, "Acne, Acne, Geller, dbss" when they break down their fits, and almost every girl I see is american apparel, H&M, Zara, etc and they'll throw "vintage" in to try to break up the cheap shit monotony. Why is that?

The trend nowadays is the "model off duty"/erin wasson look, black skinny pants/tights, drapy cardigan, plaid shirt, ripped jeans/studded whatever, leather or jean jacket, clunky boots

seeing as Zara/H&M does a pretty decent job of tapping into these trends and churning them out very fast, I guess they can't justify spending more $$ for shit like alexander wang or balmain basics. Most of the time Zara's stuff is dead on design-wise (and probably superior quality-wise to AW)

girls can look good in things that don't fit. its much harder for men to do that. that's not the only reason they can pull off the cheap shit but it's what i've always noticed.

This is pretty true.My girlfriend borrows stuff from this girl who must literally be about 8" shorter than her and a completely different body type and makes it look pretty damn good considering. If I borrow clothes from my friend whose like 2" taller than I am and pretty much the same body type I look like an idiot.

One gripe I have about all fashion backpack is the lack of compartments...would like to see laptop sleeve, water bottle pouch, slots to place my pens,zippo, camera etc.

Yes a TNF fulfills that but they're fucking ugly.

I saw those altadena packs before, the yellow black combo looks sick.

woah. what is it with great talent and not knowing how to handle their money?

:\ then again, if I was yohji I'd be buying random stuff everywhere just because I'm yohji.

I really, really like Jun Takahashi's style. Still keeps it street. But from pics I see of him, he's not decked out in his own stuff, not even a peice thats the best of his best. sometimes he's not even wearing anything from his line. sup wit dat?

What are you talking about?!

woah. what is it with great talent and not knowing how to handle their money?

well the issue isn't with his personal spending, which he probably doesn't do much of. he entrusted people with the business side of his company because he prefers to focus on the design only. they obviously were shit at financing the company and in addition, let the prices escalate, which basically alienated most of his clientele because it became pretty much unaffordable, which caused a detrimental decline in sales as well as the brand being dropped from most of their retailers, sadly.

they've got new funding though and so hopefully they can fix things for the YY business and that the designers will still have the same creative freedom.

is there anyone who's changing or trying to change the business end of a fashion company? there just seems to be so many people who take a cut between the cost of the product to the day it reaches consumers.

i can count a dozen people at the company i work for which accounts for the 400% markup they charge i can only imagine how many mouths i would feed if i purchased a yohji piece at a retailer. i mean if people could find a way to restructure the way a major or minor fashion company is runned i'm sure it would reduce the amount of debt that results from a bad season in turn enabling a company to stay afloat longer without having to sell or file for bankruptcy.

and yes that means firing hundreds of people but in my eyes a lot of them have useless jobs. i blame inpart the schools for creating bullshit degrees tho.