Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

what brands make a good Clubmaster style frame, but are somewhat cheaper?

here u go

http://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Vintage-Frame-Wayfarer-Sunglasses/dp/B002763QQK/ref=pd_sbs_a_5/192-5504059-3656111

$90 isn't that much, and you are paying for a good lens...

painted on cheap ones you buy at the flea for $2 are bad for your eyes, but you are starvin student so whatev

if you wanted to take it a step up, shuron escapades for ~$140

exactly. drkshdw is simply another rick aesthetic, separated from the main line. quality is quite up to par, only real difference is a dearth of tailoring on the tops i'd say (which to some extent is the point i suppose)

RAF was originally a different raf aesthetic but was always acknowledged as much cheaper in general

i have been consistently dissapointed with the raf by raf pieces i've owned...only kept that "what we do is secret" knit because it's comfy...sold the rest and i even think i gave away some shitty coat

imo my clothes look their worst the first few times i wear them...wear and tear is good

i actually enjoyed that article, they acknowledged their position as out-of-industry observers and reported from that standpoint...it helped but everything in persepctive regarding the movement of said industry in the past few years

looked through the woolrich woolen mills they had at barneys today

there's this one grey down jacket with like rabbit fur lining the neck that i want pretty bad tempted to sell one of my ricks and buy it at full price (but need to find it in my size first didn't have small)

also: junya watanabe is still crazy expensive

Anyone know why Nina Ricci menswear (particularly shirting) seems to be popping up all over? Stopped by American Rag and saw a bunch of pretty decent (two-ply cotton, ~$170) shirts in a variety of colors/patterns. Would've copped but smallest they had was a 39. Also, I gave them a tonguelashing for tagging a 39 as an "X-SMALL".

someone hook me up with firstview catwalking catwalk pictures. nigga need to get his retrospective on

contemporary fashion only gives you a taste :(

oooooooh look at the booty. that's from 94 too

5247_22626.jpg

perhaps if we stopped buying some shit we'd be able to afford a catwalking account. sigh... i need my 90s crap! i live mcqueen's golden shower show. drench me in your liquid gold!

fab3825.jpg

see the video clip here. uhm naice.

all i knows is raf gotta stop with those michelin creepers. frankenstein shoes gotta go

Got the Barneys' mailer yesterday.

The Raf suits are tailored by Sant'andrea, or St. Andrews - which is the same company that makes RL Purple Label suits - so, they should be beautifully made, with lots of handwork. The price was ~$6500, which is a good $2500 over what Ralph Lauren charges for a 90 wool/10 cashmere flannel type suit, so Raf's got quite a premium in there.

oic