Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

apparently, since everyone is selling them, in classifieds, barneys, etc. would still grab ity for $800 or less since no more white leathers seem to be coming down the pike.

exactly why i got it...i never felt comfortable w/ all white (milk) leather...that being said i'd never anywhere at all near retail for it

i don't understand Luxottica Group (or any luxury goods goods conglomerate for that matter)

what is the difference between a House brand & License brand ?

how do these conglomerates function? they hold a large share of those companies? run the branding/manufacture?

not answering your question, but speaking of eyewear corps, a couple months ago Safilo was busted by the italian finance police for having sunglasses made entirely in China and only undergoing the "made in italy" branding in their factory in Italy. 200,000 pairs of (sun)glasses were seized.

not answering your question, but speaking of eyewear corps, a couple months ago Safilo was busted by the italian finance police for having sunglasses made entirely in China and only undergoing the "made in italy" branding in their factory in Italy. 200,000 pairs of (sun)glasses were seized.

oooh. brings up another question. what are the international standards for establishing "made in XXXX" status?

all/some made in that country? difference between assembled in country?

does it account for the importation of raw material? what if the labor was mostly done in china , and then shipped to italy to screw on one hinge on a pair of glasses/with QA inspection to have the "stamp of approval" ?

ALSO... will grandmama fierceness be big in 20XX? :P

rwb2.jpg

^^

yeah I saw... it's pretty common knowledge here unfortunately. I did notice that it is more rampant in Tuscany, which mostly focuses on bag production.

Having seen quite a few factories in the Veneto region (where a lot of high-end shoes are produced) I can say that thankfully it isn't the case with footwear, yet.