Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

anyone know if carola euler has us stockists

i'm liking some of christina berger's shit. some of her hand knits look really nice

i was told to email carola direct and she does personal orders. also heard that orders for fw09 has ended and she is now taking orders for ss10. you can even customize to your whim and fancy...

best thing is you might even get it at lesser than retail. that's what i heard. :D

raf simons hasn't cast a non-white guy in his show for 4 seasons. he was one of very few designers with a real casting

igbook0132.jpg

like there isn't anymore chicks with biker helmets or in oversized sweater-kaftans.

and now, i wonder where jurgi persoons went! what happened to erik halley?

igbook0112.jpg

and why did i chicken out from replying to inge's reply on facebook? sigh. i dont want to sound like a dork.

i was told to email carola direct and she does personal orders. also heard that orders for fw09 has ended and she is now taking orders for ss10. you can even customize to your whim and fancy...

best thing is you might even get it at lesser than retail. that's what i heard. :D

How much is the price point anyways? Romain Kremer-type level? :D

Guest Phrost

raf f/w 05 coats look sooo dope. that collection should've been f/w 09

too bad his suits are fused cause they are cut nice. homie needs to take a crash course on fabrics cause a lot of his mainline wools are itchy as fuck

i kinda wish i held out on buying my asymmetrical funnel schneider coat last year

not as classic as a single button front :(

I think N(N) really went out the way a proper brand should. Concise and to the point...miyashita openly stated that he was "finished changing" and that was that.

Sadly Raf is finished changing but is forcing the brand on and on...obviously something had to give, and we're seing the rammifications now.

Haider Ackermann Rumored to Be Taking Over Maison Martin Margiela

Wed, 08/19/09 — 04:35:33 PM

>> Haider Ackermann has had a fan in Tilda Swinton for years — she has chosen him numerous times for the red carpet — but his Fall 2009 collection earned him a wider fan base. Style.com raved: "Has Haider Ackermann finally arrived? The beautiful collection he showed today certainly suggests he deserves every bit of the newfound attention." Over the weekend, T echoed the sentiment that Fall 2009 helped the designer make the jump "from newcomer to trendsetter."

His business grew by 43 percent last year, and rumors "have been swirling for months," according to T, that Ackermann would be taking over Maison Martin Margiela:

f919d97948277ff58745012.jpg

When queried about the speculation, he sidesteps: 'When you meet the person you have admired for so many years, how can you possibly replace him? Sometimes it's better never to meet your heroes.'

He is open to other possibilities, as long as he can continue to design under his own name. And he likes the idea of working for a house with a different sensibility than his own: "You have your own repertoire, to which you are attached, but sometimes you have something else to say, and the code of another house might help you do that. I would love to share another aesthetic, but it would have to be the right house. And the right timing."

hmm a reserved yes for mmm womenswear but what about the guyz?

Guest Phrost

i'm a fan of haider. i think he's a better choice than raf for mmm. f/w 09 womens showed the house needed a head designer. i think you put it perfectly that mmm is starting to look like a ralph lauren

for the most part, i'm liking what raf has done with jil sander, but the two brands have very different aesthetics . jil womens just recently started shaping up to something different from the original designer's perspective, which i think is good if done in increments