Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

have wondered this many time, but again today after watching fashion show vid.

why don't kva's clothes get hardly any love, but more hate? not talking about what he did to dh, but his reg line (not even talkin bout footwear) looks good alota the time. why he don't get more love outside of japland?

he has a well financed label and competent marketer/distro...what's the prob? is it me, or does he seem to not get much shine/love on most of the forums??

I totally tweeted (ok hate that word) that KVA saves all his good stuff for his own line. and got a shit load of agree messages. I personally love his newer shit for men and ESPECIALLY womens (aside from the super gimmicky shit). I love the cross of hip hop and classic and his dress pants are literally my favorite pair of pants I own. But I guess it's because in the beginning his designs were too gimmicky, then he ended up donig shit at DH that it's made people not want to look at his own line.

after checking out f/w, raf is dead. ro is not accessible enough for every day, ditto damir doma. mmm will be gone and who knows what future collections will look like. dries is kinda boring. all that's left is jil sander and i dunno what else.

shit i completely agree.

i have no idea what to pick up this fall.

nothing out there is looking interesting AND wearable.

:(:(:(

(btw I like NewKunk ...that filippa k fit a couple days back was on point)

damn kunk! those fucking asics collab are fucking hideousbut the astro boots are even worse!

what's up with the mashing up of all the materials?!?!?!

the silver back pocket should've been in that brown leather instead. would've been alot better.

i kinda like this jacket out of what they have on oki-ni actually.

http://www.oki-ni.com/Jackets/Raf-Simons-Long-Jacket/invt/raf0094blk

Guest Phrost
miss deanna margiela over spa international margiela.

mmmkam.jpg

just because. :D

word up. thing is not as many ppl knew about margiela when miss deanna was manufacturing his stuff

rqfsimons you got access to firstview/catwalking. i want to start a helmut lang archive thread

word up. thing is not as many ppl knew about margiela when miss deanna was manufacturing his stuff

rqfsimons you got access to firstview/catwalking. i want to start a helmut lang archive thread

yes! everyone who just got to know of the current margiela would probably wont understand/appreciate the old ms deanna margiela. everything ms deanna produced i have is of a much better quality/finishing/material as compared to spa international. (even down to the 4 stitches of the tag) well and not to mention more interestingly designed. thank you jenny, too.

sucks that i do not have access to fv/cw. but i think a helmut lang thread sounds like a sweet idea! please start one. i dont think it need to be chronologically done but more of a greatest hits thing. i know that sometimes lang can be off tangient.

photomiddef175290.jpg

just want to post mcqueen walking for cdg homme.

i like those pants / sweater

i haven't worn a pair of jeans in like two months

i don't think i'm going back to skinny pants anytime soon

i haven't worn skinny pants for almost a year now.

i definitely enjoy wearing looser pants better.

Guest Phrost

who do you think will replace helmut, margiela, and raf. i see haider as sort of sucessor to helmut womenswear, but i can't think of someone who has taken over his menswear. i think the closest was raf but he is not reliable anymore

in what sense? in terms of that they become i.e. they're such icons or their actual work?

raf didn't really ever strike me as inheriting from lang (while lang has the whole "did it before everyone else" whatever thing going on with some people) even when Raf did make things that were somewhat Helmut it didn't really seem to be in the same spirit

taralis maybe? i feel like he's got a similar cachet amongst consumers who appreciate the people you mentioned

i don't know enough independent / up-and-coming designers. i'd be interested to see what inaya thinks.

Guest Phrost
in what sense? in terms of that they become i.e. they're such icons or their actual work?

raf didn't really ever strike me as inheriting from lang (while lang has the whole "did it before everyone else" whatever thing going on with some people) even when Raf did make things that were somewhat Helmut it didn't really seem to be in the same spirit

taralis maybe? i feel like he's got a similar cachet amongst consumers who appreciate the people you mentioned

i don't know enough independent / up-and-coming designers. i'd be interested to see what inaya thinks.

i meant as a sucessor talent wise. helmut was well rounded in that he had a strong traditional tailoring background

through the years, he was able to faithfully incorporate current trends/styles into his body of work. his traditional 3 button suits paired with washed jeans were modern along side his back/fanny packs and cargo pants. his clothes always had a modern sensibility to them

i think it's rare to see a city like new york embrace and embody the spirit of a designer like helmut. even in the 90s with calvin n donna karan doing their thing, new yorkers still wore helmut

out of the 3, helmut embodied the modern designer. raf and current margiela referenced a lot of styles/eras from the past decade or so. i saw veronique being the sucessor to margiela mens