Superfashion randoms thoughts

Guest jmatsu

my rick experiment, save for the leathers and sneaks, is over. back to raf, warts and all. maybe i should wait til s/s10 is posted before commiting though.

yeah i'm also all ricked out, but then again that might be the hot weather talking. lately I'm gravitating toward BW and crazy shit like Daniel Palillo and Skyward.

BTW; does anyone know if the jawns that Willhelm did for Roberto Capucci ever made it to retailers? I think it was around 2003.

Yep, couple of seasons of BW for Capucci were produced, right around when I was there. Didn't get to handle too much of it apart from the occasional toille and then finished stuff in Maria Luisa etc.

Was all amazing, that stuff really proved to me how amazing an designer he is, strip off all the prints/neon/crazyness and you'll find these beautifully refined designs and suggestions for new ways of dealing with shape/volume/silhouette.

^^

sounds divine.. I wish there was some way to buy it but I guess I have to wait till some of it pops up on the bay!! :(

So true what you say of him being an excellent designer under all the crazy.. I recently got a skirt from his ss02 collection that looks like a boring black a-line skirt when lain flat, but it comes to life when worn. I am literally in awe every time I wear it. <3

Guest jmatsu

am happy about some of the new modified ro sneakers. easier for non tall people to wear. shit is cheaper too.

everything is getting cheaper.

Guest jmatsu
yeah i'm also all ricked out, but then again that might be the hot weather talking. lately I'm gravitating toward BW and crazy shit like Daniel Palillo and Skyward.

BTW; does anyone know if the jawns that Willhelm did for Roberto Capucci ever made it to retailers? I think it was around 2003.

yeah i sorta like early daniel palillo stuff. he listen 2 colder and has neat graphics. his wmns stuff probably easier for wmn to wear vs. his mens (minus tees/sweat) which seem near impossible for mature men to wear. shit just crazy gonna crazy for the sake of crazy.

Guest jmatsu
please explain more

any pics??

nuthin 2 explain. the wangster just trying to expand his empire by making expensive shit for man. jap bitches on the wangster's wang. so if you wear the wangster-wear for men, it gonna impress the stupid japperbitches.

no pics yet on the net.

Guest jmatsu

have wondered this many time, but again today after watching fashion show vid.

why don't kva's clothes get hardly any love, but more hate? not talking about what he did to dh, but his reg line (not even talkin bout footwear) looks good alota the time. why he don't get more love outside of japland?

he has a well financed label and competent marketer/distro...what's the prob? is it me, or does he seem to not get much shine/love on most of the forums??

Guest jmatsu

© by NRW-Forum Düsseldorf

In recent years, the NRW-Forum Düsseldorf has hosted both an opulent Vivienne Westwood retrospective and a sparse, minimalist Alexander McQueen catwalk exhibition. Now it is turning its attention to the most spectacular, theatrical fashion shows held by the world’s top designers in recent years. Visitors to the exhibition will themselves become catwalk models.

The Catwalks exhibition will recreate the most breath-taking top designer shows of recent years: spectacular Dior shows, Galliano-style circus performances, dramatic productions of the kind put on by Alexander McQueen, conceptional performances like those by Hussein Chalayan, catwalks in the form of tables set for spectacular dinners such as the ones used by Dries van Noten.

Visitors will themselves become catwalk models. By walking along the catwalk, they will become part of a number of major fashion shows, which will be brought to life and transformed into 3D spectacles using video projections and multimedia installations. More catwalks will be shown in a cinema of the catwalks. Balenciaga / Balmain / Roberto Cavalli / Hussein Chalayan / Chanel / Comme des Garçons / Christian Dior / Dolce & Gabbana / Gianfranco Ferré / John Galliano / Jean-Paul Gaultier / Givenchy / Marc Jacobs / Lacoste / Lanvin / Martin Margiela / Alexander McQueen / Issey Miyake / Thierry Mugler / Olivier Theyskens / Rick Owens / Prada / Rodarte / Sonia Rykiel / Yves Saint Laurent / Valentino / Giambattista Valli / Dries Van Noten / Viktor & Rolf / Versace / Diane von Fürstenberg / Vivienne Westwood / Wunderkind / Yohji Yamamoto are the illustrious names from the world of fashion that will feature in this exhibition.

http://www.nrw-forum.de/index.php?f_articleId=877

!!!