Cutebutdeadly---where u at??

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jmat, you ever get enough youtube votes to go on hot date with her?

and edmond paid $69 for her and the next threee generations of her family I think....

where u at girl? hit me up...I have a role for u in my next kung fu action thrill suspense love comedy....

think raise the red lantern x oldboy x Audition x Caligula

Guest jmatsu

her latest blog video is LOL.

and she played a "harajuku-girl" for her friend's music video. seriously wtf is a harajuku girl anyway?? i mean, the american's conception of a harajuku girl. probably popularized by gwen stefani, but i really don't get what patty means by "harajuku-girl." clothes/costume don't look like they'd be worn by an actual japgirl who frequents harajuku.

^ what is a harajuku girl? pls explain.

gosh jmatsu, i don't know. i didn't conceive the music video, nor costume design, or direct it. my friend is a quarter japanese from a tiny town in GA though, so she has had a very individualized experience of her japanese heritage and for her, the popularized image of a Harajuku girl via Gwen Stefani is kinda neat.

well, i happen to be asian, and could "play" one of those "Harajuku Girl" people, so she thought it would be fun to have her friends on set to make cameos in her music video.

I really hope that clarifies a little bit for you.

p.s. how i've missed you!

the video in question.

Guest jmatsu
gosh jmatsu, i don't know. i didn't conceive the music video, nor costume design, or direct it. my friend is a quarter japanese from a tiny town in GA though, so she has had a very individualized experience of her japanese heritage and for her, the popularized image of a Harajuku girl via Gwen Stefani is kinda neat.

well, i happen to be asian, and could "play" one of those "Harajuku Girl" people, so she thought it would be fun to have her friends on set to make cameos in her music video.

I really hope that clarifies a little bit for you.

p.s. how i've missed you!

the reason i asked is because you being an asian in your industry (in america) are probably type cast alot. asian stereotype this and that...

how does it feel? you contribute to this american/jew run industry's base conception of not just "harajuku-girls," but the pigeon holing of every single asian ethnicity by taking on these roles with little 2 no scrutiny. which is fine i suppose, cause i know you need the money and all, but i was wondering if you have any conception of the roles you take on, plus any opinion of their accuracy. if you don't, or just don't really care i suspect, then it is pointless that i ask.

i'll pick my battles, jmatsu.

there will always be stereotypes, and there will always be things people have an issue over. but it's about being able to play any kind of person as an asian american actress...and that is what will make breakthroughs. i'm just getting started.

Guest jmatsu

know what would be even better?

instead of playing a "harajuku girl" for "under my bed," how about a harajuku ho in "giving good head?" i guarantee that the styling and character conception would be accurate. think you would do a good job as opposed 2 a 'harajuku girl" who dressed like a las vegas showgirl/smokes seller.